No announcement yet.

Payton Sparks Transfer C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payton Sparks. Think about this for a second: he was the Freshman of the Year in the MAC Conference. The MAC had some pretty good teams this year: Ohio, Akron, Toledo, Kent State, and to a lesser extent, Buffalo. All five teams won 19 or more games on the season. Sparks was Freshman of the Year in the Conference. This kid will not last long. If you consider Lakhin and Oguama, Sparks might bring some NEEDED rebounding to the party. Sparks could maybe show the rest of the biggs some rebounding technique. Check these CONFERENCE stats out for Sparks' freshman year: 15 points/game (LEAD TEAM), averaged 30 minutes/game playing time, had a shooting percentage of 54.9, shot 71.5% from the free-throw line, and had 9.7 rebounds/game. Also, he secured 3.3 offensive rebounds/game. One thing about Sparks though, he may turn the ball over a lot (2.5/g). I like this kid. He, most definitely, would be the starting center at Cincinnati if he came. UC should push hard to get him. Hey, but what do I know?
    Last edited by leeraymond; 03-18-2022, 04:37 AM.

Comment

others are on him - I still say wait till next week and get the NIL in place.

Comment

Guys this may not be the place, but I couldn't find how to start a new thread. Better get the NIL - URban is back at tOSU and is on their NIL board - https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-sta...schottenstein/

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          Guys this may not be the place, but I couldn't find how to start a new thread. Better get the NIL - URban is back at tOSU and is on their NIL board - https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-sta...schottenstein/
          On that note. Put it here:

https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/gen...ngs-all-sports
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We are headed to the BIG12. Look at who Houston and Memphis are recruiting in the American. I say let’s pass on this dude.
            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I am not sold. However, if he could get position, get fouled, and go to the line 10 times a game, it could help. He is a decent free throw shooter.

Comment

The options at the 4 and 5 are very, very limited. A big kid who can rebound and score inside not to mention hit ft's is a rare commodity. He'll have his pick of teams.

Comment

What we need is another Kyle Williamson, a legitimate threat to score inside.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    What we need is another Kyle Williamson, a legitimate threat to score inside.
                    Maybe your thinking of Kyle washington and or john williamson?

Comment

Yep. I knew something was wrong when I typed it. But obviously I meant Kyle Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        Yep. I knew something was wrong when I typed it. But obviously I meant Kyle Washington.
                        We'll give you a pass, you were at least in the hunt. Right school, wrong sport and era.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Wi...-school-12816/

That said re: Sparks, he's got 3 years of eligibility left which is a big plus in a limited commodity position wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

Maybe your thinking of Kyle washington and or john williamson?

Another Kyle Washington would be great... I would take another Gary Clark, Hicks, or Maxiell on the inside....

Comment

I would take a Bobby Brannen right now too. A role player (enforcer) for a couple of years and turned into a real force his senior year. Heck of a free throw shooter too.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              I would take a Bobby Brannen right now too. A role player (enforcer) for a couple of years and turned into a real force his senior year. Heck of a free throw shooter too.

Brannen was a great player for us.... I would take (5) Bobby's or a Fletcher on the court right now, exactly what this team needs.... Huggins once said, for every Art Long, theirs a Bobby Brannen who actually listens!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Brannen was a great player for us.... I would take (5) Bobby's or a Fletcher on the court right now, exactly what this team needs.... Huggins once said, for every Art Long, theirs a Bobby Brannen who actually listens!
                                That makes me wonder if the horse listened once Art got his attention.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X