No announcement yet.

Rob Phinisee Grad transfer PG commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intriguing thing about this is he is a true point guard. If this kid can " general" the floor and facilitate the offense then this is a good get. The fact that he can defend is very appealing also. Now between Sean Mc Neil and the kid Brandin P from illinois, I think I would wait to talk to BP before offering SM. We would get two years out of BP if my math is correct right? And he looks to be a better shooter in the making.

Comment

Then again - where does the NIL figure in. I read an article that QBs are getting 2 million, DL high 7 figures. tOSU was in on a 5 star, but he visited Tennessee and the folks there they would spend. He is cyrstaled balled to them now. UC needs to step up. Teams in broad daylight are handing out $$$ cause there are no rules. If the cats are to win, the new culture is give. Does anyone think that Sean Miller hasn't gotten his backers to get involved.

Comment

I think folks have to realize this kid dealt with PF last year which is a very difficult injury for a bball player. He's had a lot of good games in his career and is very experienced which is something we badly need(ed). I wouldn't be surprised if he is the starter to begin the year. He's a gamer in his last season. My guess is it's Trey Green on deck, and another short term transfer next year. Much different backcourt defender than what we've seen lately. Who will #3 be!

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          I think folks have to realize this kid dealt with PF last year which is a very difficult injury for a bball player. He's had a lot of good games in his career and is very experienced which is something we badly need(ed). I wouldn't be surprised if he is the starter to begin the year. He's a gamer in his last season. My guess is it's Trey Green on deck, and another short term transfer next year. Much different backcourt defender than what we've seen lately. Who will #3 be!
          It would be nice to see the opponent guards stopped before they drive for an easy lay up or a foul by one of our bigs.

Comment

Leo makes and has been making a very valid point. These schools are using their alumni w/ clout and taking advantage of the very vague rules surrounding the NIL. We need the UDF's, 5/3's and other companies to step up to compete with the Papa john's, Yum Foods, and Fedex's out there. MLB has just approved teams to advertise on teams uni' s w/ patches and the padres are already doing so. Big business (and big money) has taken even more control over amateur and professional sports and so UC cant lolligag on this any longer. Were not gonna be able to recruit anyone without having dollars to give.

Comment

Worth a read, via an Indiana beat writer (plus positive comments from many IU fans):
              https://247sports.com/college/cincin...513472/?page=1

Comment

^Nice read. I think that many of us look at stats and think certain things. The read above tells a different story.

Comment

Question? How many available scholarships do we have left? Madsen, McGinnis, & Saunders all hit the portal... and DeJulius is coming back... ?

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                    Question? How many available scholarships do we have left? Madsen, McGinnis, & Saunders all hit the portal... and DeJulius is coming back... ?
                    One -- see roster thread on Basketball section for a roster breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

One -- see roster thread on Basketball section for a roster breakdown

Gotcha... Could not find it

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but what is a PF injury and how significant was Ron's. And # 3 I'm assuming that this injury is well mended and He's all clear medically?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          Excuse my ignorance but what is a PF injury and how significant was Ron's. And # 3 I'm assuming that this injury is well mended and He's all clear medically?
                          Rob left the Penn State game on 1/26 with some unclear lower body injury (there was no contact or anything) and then subsequently missed the next seven games -- and they said it was due to plantar fasciitis. He played the last several games for IU, beginning in late February.

Comment

Justin Williams on Rob. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3263331/2022...shared_article
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks GB31. I appreciate it.

Comment

Official https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/4/2...-phinisee.aspx

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X