No announcement yet.

Rob Phinisee Grad transfer PG commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is a true PG who can finish and/or dish is what we’re looking for. Right now we have a combo guard that needs work on finishing and a short shooting guard that doesn’t dish much. So….
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      All I know is a true PG who can finish and/or dish is what we’re looking for. Right now we have a combo guard that needs work on finishing and a short shooting guard that doesn’t dish much. So….

Agree... Going into the Big 12 next year.... Hopefully Wes lands a PG for the future.... Not sure why we can't land a 4 or 5 Star PG who wants to start in the Big 12... That's the number one priority for next season....
      Last edited by BearKatz; 04-13-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

As to the needs being a point guard who can finish yes yes absolutely yes. However dishing is another story as we presently / last season roster had no inside game to dish to so theres that. I'm hoping that the incoming recruits can help out on these areas assuming we obtain an inside presence. If not then VL, Ody and Hensley will need to step up big time.

Comment

Fun fact: Rob Phinisee follows the UC Men's Basketball Twitter account, but does not follow the Butler account. He also follows assistant Andre Morgan on Twitter plus Mike Rehfeldt and David DeJulius on Instagram, and previously had connections at IU with assistant coach Mike Roberts and admin assistant Matt Miller (a grad manager at IU under Archie Miller).

You're welcome.
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-14-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Per Rothstein , Phinisee will visit Butler on Fri/Sat and UC on Mon/Tues
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rothstein reporting Phinisee will visit Butler tomorrow and Saturday, UC Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

COMMITTED to UC https://twitter.com/robphinisee1/sta...11858980200448

Comment

seems like I should be disappointed?

Comment

I will wait and see, but the cats need players. Take that whatever way you want. My desire to be positive for next year. If he is coachable, then it is a step up.

Comment

He’s very coachable and not at all a “me first” type player. Kinda got those vibes from Saunders.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-20-2022, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I just want more size and thought maybe a couple other guards were interested in us that might be better

Comment

dumb question probably: but if we offer a transfer and they accept, do we have to take them or can we wait for the decisions of others? i know that means we'd probably lose the kid, just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                            dumb question probably: but if we offer a transfer and they accept, do we have to take them or can we wait for the decisions of others? i know that means we'd probably lose the kid, just curious
                            The staff just had Phinisee in for two days, touring and discussing where he would fit in. If Wes wasn't interested, I would hope he has the integrity to tell the kid so. I would also hope that, given that Wes offered him the scholarship, his integrity would extend to the point of not pulling the plug after they had come to agreement.

Comment

I think the fact that he’s a one year guy is part of it, as it appears we’re in good shape with a lot of top guys in the 2023 class. Giving help this season, while not locking up a scholarship for 23-24 is a positive here.

Comment

Via Dane Fife, an IU assistant this past season:

”A healthy Rob is an elite defender at the highest level. Health has also played a huge roll in his offensive consistency. The young man can PLAY. As important, he competes!”

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X