No announcement yet.

Jayden Quaintance 2024 AZ PF/C 6'10 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five-star big man Jayden Quaintance talks unofficial visits, has four official visits planned

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ate-214769677/

So far, Quaintance has been able to see Cincinnati, Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State and Pittsburgh unofficially.

Cincinnati: “I liked it. I got to talk to the coaches, I got to see practice I got to see a game. I really liked Cincinnati; I think that was my very first unofficial.”

Kentucky: “It was definitely cool. I got to talk to (John Calipari), I got to see a practice. It was cool, I liked it. It was all interesting.”

Michigan State: “I wasn’t there when coach (Tom) Izzo was there. I just did like a practice there kind of and it was more like a tour. Just a quick stop.”

Ohio State: “Again, it was cool. I got to see the team practice, see what the facilities were like. Overall, it was cool.”

Pittsburgh: “Pretty much like the other visits. I got to talk to the coaches, see the practice, tour the campus and see it all.”

Moving forward, Quaintance has his first official visit set up to Ohio State the weekend of Sept. 15 and he’ll hit Cincy (Oct. 13) and Kentucky (Oct. 20) on back-to-back weekends the following month. He’s also got a Sept. 21 trip set to Missouri.

Comment

This kid is still growing. I like the North Carolina Wes connection for an Ohio kid.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

https://247sports.com/longformarticl...29728/#2217665

Who is in the mix: Cincinnati, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio State and others.

Latest intel: Jayden Quaintance surprised the recruiting world when he announced that he would move to the class of 2024 from 2025. Assuming he decides to go to college, Quaintance will still only be 16 years old when he first arrives on campus early next summer.

Quaintance has already taken unofficial visits to Cincinnati, Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State and Pittsburgh. In the last week he has locked in official visits to Cincy, Kentucky, Ohio State and Missouri with the Buckeyes slated to get the first official two weekends from now on the 15th of September. While there’s going to be some time before things really start to shake out, Kentucky is one program that seems to be on the tip of everybody’s tongues when talking about a potential landing spot. However, each of the three other programs he has set official visits with should be considered real players and not just window dressing when it comes to his recruitment. Despite his youth, Quaintance has a chance to keep moving up the rankings and could be the type of kid that pro leagues take a serious look into and the G League has reached out.

Comment

This is bad sign. He visited with G-League Ignite over the weekend per On3.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Visiting Mizzou currently
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...00782/#2254995

Current Ranking: No. 9

Who is in the mix: Cincinnati, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio State and G League Ignite

Latest Intel: Jayden Quaintance took a big step in his recruitment over the weekend by taking an official visit to Missouri. The Tigers are significant players in this recruitment but will have to keep fighting their battle against Kentucky in the Ignite for the weeks to come.

Missouri is arguably the leader in this recruitment but Kentucky is right there with them. The Wildcats will get their shot next month when they host Quaintance for an official at their annual Big Blue Madness.

While Kentucky and Missouri receive the most buzz with Quaintance, he has also visited Ohio State and has a visit set with Cincinnati. Also, we aren't ruling out the G League Ignite as an option for Quaintance where he could follow a similar pathway to that of Scoot Henderson. Henderson reclassified and played two seasons for Ignite before becoming a lottery pick.

Comment

Still boggles my mind that he would only be 16 when he hits a campus if he's goes to college. Not sure I've seen that before.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Do we have a realistic shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                    Do we have a realistic shot?
                    It's iffy in my mind but we have a official visit scheduled. Hopefully he keeps the appointment.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As soon as I open my mouth, Quaintance has canceled his visit and will instead visit Florida per Travis Graf.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        As soon as I open my mouth, Quaintance has canceled his visit and will instead visit Florida per Travis Graf.
                        I hope this is not related to Betsey's announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I hope this is not related to Betsey's announcement.
                          Nope. The thing with Quaintance is that everyone's going to read the wrong thing into this. He's been on UC's Campus multiple times. There's probably not much more to see there.

The puzzling part of it for me is Florida. They have not been involved with his recruitment like at all up to this point. He doesn't have an offer there and wasn't even interested in them per all the pay sites. Suddenly they show up to his school on Wednesday and now he's scheduled a visit to Gainesville. My guess on this is either there's a NIL bag involved here or he just wanted to take all his official visits so might as well check out some place different.

I don't have enough info to say that we've been cut from his final list so hold on to hope here for a while at least.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Nope. The thing with Quaintance is that everyone's going to read the wrong thing into this. He's been on UC's Campus multiple times. There's probably not much more to see there.

The puzzling part of it for me is Florida. They have not been involved with his recruitment like at all up to this point. He doesn't have an offer there and wasn't even interested in them per all the pay sites. Suddenly they show up to his school on Wednesday and now he's scheduled a visit to Gainesville. My guess on this is either there's a NIL bag involved here or he just wanted to take all his official visits so might as well check out some place different.

I don't have enough info to say that we've been cut from his final list so hold on to hope here for a while at least.
                            its hard to blame these kids for using all of their offical visits / paid mini-vacations, esp. if there's nil $$ involved.

Comment

Seems like we are 30 mins away from Wes landing a consensus Top 50 kid (on top of recent big splashes in Griffith, James, McKinley).

I'm not ready to lose sleep over a consensus Top 15 kid likely not coming to UC.

Keep building and maybe we can get there!

Comment

We are offficially out of the mix
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X