No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Hugley from Pitt into the portal. As I recall, we once made one of his cutdown lists, and he had an offer from UC. I think it was the previous coaching staff though.

Comment

Temple's Khalif Battle into the portal

Comment

Symir Torrence (Syracuse via Marquette) into the portal.

Remember UC was really in on him 4 years ago? The former 4-star recruit finished his fourth college season and averaged 2.4 points per game, down from a career best 2.6 as a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          I’d be interested in him and Dunn, if he enters the portal, from Temple.
          Last edited by London 'Cat; 03-14-2023, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Symir Torrence (Syracuse via Marquette) into the portal.

Remember UC was really in on him 4 years ago? The former 4-star recruit finished his fourth college season and averaged 2.4 points per game, down from a career best 2.6 as a junior.
            A 4* recruit only averaged 2.4 ppg? No thanks. We have enough of those already.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              John Hugley from Pitt into the portal. As I recall, we once made one of his cutdown lists, and he had an offer from UC. I think it was the previous coaching staff though.
              I think it might have been from Cronin tbh.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Also

Temple’s Jamille Reynolds tells @Stockrisers he intends on entering the transfer portal. Will draw high-major suitors. 10.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game.

Comment

Mike Saunders, Jr. (Utah) has entered the transfer portal
                  https://247sports.com/Article/Utah-P...tal-206361549/

Reading between the lines on Twitter, maybe he could be headed to McNeese State? Tari Eason's former LSU coach.... He'd do well at a lower level but what a wild ride if that's the next stop for him. Also, would he have to sit out a year?
                  Mike Saunders, Jr. has committed to McNeese State https://twitter.com/icemikeg3/status...47833331716097

Comment

Mike Saunders, Jr. has committed to McNeese State https://twitter.com/icemikeg3/status...47833331716097
                    Zach Harvey too - as also posted in another thread

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      Justin Wodtly from the football team appears to be friends with Hughley
                      https://twitter.com/justinwodtly/sta...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

The transfer portal is ruining college sports. Casual fans barely know anyone on the roster. Heck, life-long fans barely know anyone on the roster. Maybe it is good for the folks with short attention spans, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1996 View Post
                          The transfer portal is ruining college sports. Casual fans barely know anyone on the roster. Heck, life-long fans barely know anyone on the roster. Maybe it is good for the folks with short attention spans, who knows.
                          Agree on ruining college sports. But, this is the world in which we live, for the time being anyway. Once the blueblood programs figure out that it works against them, it will change to some other model.

Comment

There is no downside in all this for the blue bloods. They're the ones who created this quagmire.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              There is no downside in all this for the blue bloods. They're the ones who created this quagmire.
                              It will hurt their depth as players good enough to play professionally who can’t see the field/court will transfer elsewhere. It may take a couple years to happen but it is also inevitable. When that happens, the blue blood programs will change the rules again.

Comment

@GoodmanHoops:

Transfer Portal timing makes little sense. The best teams are being penalized for winning because they are preparing for the NCAA tourney, even the NIT, and the teams that aren't in postseason are doing in-home visits.

Assistants and head coaches preparing for tourney games. Don't have much time for zooms, never mind an in-home visit. Portal opening should pushed back two weeks. NCAA rewarding teams that aren't successful.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X