X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    started a topic 2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

"And Here. We. Go." - Jon Rothstein, quoting the late Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight, circa 2008

I don't think the transfer portal is technically open until next Mondays, but guys whose teams have been eliminating are starting to announce their intent to go portaling. And we have our first known UC contact:

Brown University guard Paxson Wojcik
    - 6-foot-5, 200-pound lefty out of Charleston (S.C.)
    - Averaged 14.9 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game for the Bears this year
    - Shot 38% from 3 this past year, but under 69% from FT line
    - One year of eligibility left (played two years at Loyola Chicago, two years at BU)
    - Has heard from UC and others, per the below 247 article

https://247sports.com/Article/Paxson...al--206030270/
    https://brownbears.com/sports/mens-b...n-wojcik/16398
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-09-2023, 10:35 AM.

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    @GoodmanHoops
    Source: The D-1 Council was also informed the overwhelming majority of the second-time undergrad transfers thus far have been denied waivers. There were exceptions, but minimal. Many of them that have been ruled on thus far were football, but it doesn’t bode well for those trying in basketball.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I fully expect Jizzle will see a lot of PT.
    I hope so too, but don't want to count on freshmen at the point.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    If he had waited a couple hours he would had a spot at Bama. Jahvon Quinerley just went in the portal as a grad transfer on June 25th.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Kerr Kriisa is staying at WVU
    He may not have had another alternative.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Kerr Kriisa is staying at WVU

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Unless someone currently holding a scholarship leaves, or in the very unlikely event that CWM pulls a scholarship, UC cannot add anyone. Whether Bandaogo and/or Reynolds have to sit out a year or not is irrelevant, as they currently have scholarships, which will not magically disappear during a sit-out year.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Until we learn if all transfers don't have to sit a year, we cannot look at any other player should Kriisa become an option for Wes.
    I agree here. Unless an opening unexpectedly opens up I would not want to jeopardize any team chemistry that has already been established to be upset. I like the team as it is made up right now.

With the system CWM runs I think Dae Dae and JJ will be able to handle the point by the time conference play begins.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The other issue here is if you take him and push someone out, how long would Kriisa even stay and does the net result work out positively in the long run.
    You could say that about any player. 🙄

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Bringing in an experienced mentor for 1 year and challenging DaeDae to beat him out should be a good effect. Jizzle shouldn't be counted on to see the floor that much, so if he earns it, great.
    I fully expect Jizzle will see a lot of PT.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    I more worry about the affect it would have on Thomas and James.
    Bringing in an experienced mentor for 1 year and challenging DaeDae to beat him out should be a good effect. Jizzle shouldn't be counted on to see the floor that much, so if he earns it, great.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    I more worry about the affect it would have on Thomas and James.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcats96 View Post

I was surprised to see Cincinnati on the list of "prominent options", at this point I don't believe we have a scholarship to offer him. Would we have to ask someone to leave the program?
    I hope not, and was fairly confident Johnny will get an additional year for medical redshirt. Until we learn if all transfers don't have to sit a year, we cannot look at any other player should Kriisa become an option for Wes.

Leave a comment:

• Longtime Lurker
    replied
    Agreed with Lobot that Kriisa might be only a one year filler, and I hope we don't develop into a culture of "pushing people out" for the flavor of the month. fingers crossed Newman gets his redshirt year, the 2 time transfers are eligible next year, and we stand pat with what looks to be a significantly upgraded roster. Newman has been prominently featured in all the offseason workout pics, so hopefully that is an optimistic sign-we could use an experienced wing defender next year.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcats96 View Post

I was surprised to see Cincinnati on the list of "prominent options", at this point I don't believe we have a scholarship to offer him. Would we have to ask someone to leave the program?
    Cincinnati was prominently involved earlier and doubt they are now. Unless they have been given insight into Newman's status. We were in pursuit of KK prior to signing the three that we did.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X