No announcement yet.

Simas Lukosius 6'6 Wing (Butler) - Transfer Commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, We should probably drag this thread back to Lukosius and discuss this in a different thread.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Anyway, We should probably drag this thread back to Lukosius and discuss this in a different thread.
      I liked what I saw of him on the offensive glass although the video didn't have his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        The thing that sticks out to me, and I'm not pointing any one poster out here, is that we've hung our hat on defense for the better part of most of our lifetime as fans. You obviously still need defense but this staff and even the previous staff have focused primarily on offense. I think a lot of fans are still having a hard time adjusting to the change in philosophy.

It remains to be seen if this will play out in a good way or a bad way but I think being critical of the staff is somewhat questionable at this point if you're of the mindset of "we should always be a defensive team first". You are probably setting yourself up for disappointment there.

There's no denying that Cronin and Huggins were very successful here with that defensive mantra. Deflections and similar stats are useful in tracking defense but you don't win games if you can't score on the other end. To me, that was one of the main differences between UC under Cronin and Louisville under Pitino. SImilar schools with almost identical defensive systems but Pitino had disruptive defense that could score in transition and a better offensive scheme with players who could run it effectively.
        You guys are probably right. You cannot win if you do not score. With all of my criticisms and longing for strong defense, there are two final comments. Firstly, I sincerely believe that we have to give Miller time to get his players that he feels can run his system. Lastly, Miller has put together a roster that has plenty of size, potential scoring, experience, and depth. Also, this team may be a more intelligent team than last year's. Whatever combination of five guys that emerge as starters might be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

You guys are probably right. You cannot win if you do not score. With all of my criticisms and longing for strong defense, there are two final comments. Firstly, I sincerely believe that we have to give Miller time to get his players that he feels can run his system. Lastly, Miller has put together a roster that has plenty of size, potential scoring, experience, and depth. Also, this team may be a more intelligent team than last year's. Whatever combination of five guys that emerge as starters might be pretty good.
          I love both sides of the ball, but I always heard you can't win if you score 10 and give up 11. I trust that CWM has not been able to recruit complete players and many he inherited never cared to play defense or had the ability to play it, Saying that, I will trust him as Coach , but at times I find myself saying "I don't know Chuck". The Cats have not as yet recovered from Chuck's death.

Comment

Winning solves many thoughts though

Comment

OFFICIAL https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/5/1...-lukosius.aspx

"We are very excited to welcome Simas to our program," Miller said. "He's a mature player with great experience playing both internationally and in the Big East. He's a very skilled offensive player who makes great decisions with the ball, makes the players around him better and also shoots it well from deep. We love his toughness and tenacity. I believe he will fit in well with our team and impact winning."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                OFFICIAL https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/5/1...-lukosius.aspx

"We are very excited to welcome Simas to our program," Miller said. "He's a mature player with great experience playing both internationally and in the Big East. He's a very skilled offensive player who makes great decisions with the ball, makes the players around him better and also shoots it well from deep. We love his toughness and tenacity. I believe he will fit in well with our team and impact winning."
                winning being the goal -- Go Cats

Comment

Finally! We’re getting the type of players to compete on a National level. Going to be great watching these guys get after it next season. Good job CWM from all of us impatient fans, you have program back on track!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

winning being the goal -- Go Cats
                    Can start by beating X !

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X