2024 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Recruiting Class

How many spots will be open with Wes going hard after Flory, Jase, and McKinley? We should have four scholarships to give, if everyone is eligible in 23/24, is that right? Ody and Newmann are the only two certainly out of eligibility. Jamille and Aziz only have one year left to play, but could be back if they have to sit 23/24. I doubt we have any players going pro after year 1 or 2 in the program.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

0 Dan Skillings - Sophomore
    1 DaVeon Thomas - Junior
    2 Jizzle James - Freshman
    3 Rayvon Griffith - Sophomore
    5 CJ Fredrick - Grad - I heard Fredrick may have two years left.
    13 Josh Reed - Sophomore
    (11 CJ Anthony) - Junior - walkon
    13 Jamille Reynolds - Senior, one year left to play, but could be back if he has to sit 23/24.
    15 John Newman - Grad - out of eligibility after 23/24
    (21 Chase Kirkwood) - Junior - walkon
    30 Viktor Lakhin - Vik might go pro early, and I hope he has the type of season where going pro is almost a given.
    33 Ody Oguama - Grad - out of eligibility after 23/24
    41 Simas Lukosius - Junior
    44 Sage Tolentino - Sophomore
    55 Aziz Bandaogo - Senior, one year left to play, but could be back if he has to sit 23/24.
    Last edited by Lobot; 06-09-2023, 08:11 AM.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    How many spots will be open with Wes going hard after Flory, Jase, and McKinley? We should have four scholarships to give, if everyone is eligible in 23/24, is that right? Ody and Newmann are the only two certainly out of eligibility. Jamille and Aziz only have one year left to play, but could be back if they have to sit 23/24. I doubt we have any players going pro after year 1 or 2 in the program.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

0 Dan Skillings - Sophomore
    1 DaVeon Thomas - Junior
    2 Jizzle James - Freshman
    3 Rayvon Griffith - Sophomore
    5 CJ Fredrick - Grad - I heard Fredrick may have two years left.
    13 Josh Reed - Sophomore
    (11 CJ Anthony) - Junior - walkon
    13 Jamille Reynolds - Senior, one year left to play, but could be back if he has to sit 23/24.
    15 John Newman - Grad - out of eligibility after 23/24
    (21 Chase Kirkwood) - Junior - walkon
    30 Viktor Lakhin - Vik might go pro early, and I hope he has the type of season where going pro is almost a given.
    33 Ody Oguama - Grad - out of eligibility after 23/24
    41 Simas Lukosius - Junior
    44 Sage Tolentino - Sophomore
    55 Aziz Bandaogo - Senior, one year left to play, but could be back if he has to sit 23/24.
    Both Bandaogo and Reynolds have a Covid year of extra eligibility, so they could play here up to two years.

Comment

And CJ has one or two years of eligibility left?
      Last edited by BearKatz; 06-08-2023, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Based on feedback so far, we definitly will have 2 scholarships open for 2024, and could have more. If Tyler picks UC tody, that leaves only one definite opening to recruit.

Comment

At this point, can't really get caught up in spots anyways. Just a few months ago -- at the end of this past season -- it was conceivable that Nolley, Davenport, and Adams-Woods would have all returned. Certainly you would have expected at least one or two of them to stick around. Obviously Nolley turned pro, but generally the point is that in this current transfer portal setup, all bets are off when looking ahead to scholarship availabilities.

How the NCAA addresses the two-time transfers, of course, will impact not only Reynolds and Bandaogo, but perhaps what things could look like for UC and the other programs come next offseason.

Comment

Skillings’ scholarship will open up after this season, so that’s another opening. Call it a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by GunSlinger View Post
              Skillings’ scholarship will open up after this season, so that’s another opening. Call it a hunch.
              He’ll be a sophomore this coming season.
              Last edited by longtimefan; 06-10-2023, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Your hunch is he will transfer or turn professional?

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Your hunch is he will transfer or turn professional?
                  My thoughts too - If CWM is getting top fifty new recruits, there has to be room for them.

Comment

I tell you if guys are predicted to transfer a season before they ever play their second season it's nothing but humorous. Obviously, for an underclassman with no coach leaving, et. al they are likely to have to sit out a season if they do leave so how anyone could in their second season be planning on transferring after another season is in the bag is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

My thoughts too - If CWM is getting top fifty new recruits, there has to be room for them.
                      More likely Reed than Skillings.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

More likely Reed than Skillings.
                        I thought of him, but perhaps both. Some big names are in play.

Comment

I hope he plays well enough to go pro, but not transfer.

Comment

From Kieth Jenkins back in January..
                            ‘Cincinnati's David DeJulius on freshman Dan Skillings Jr.: "A couple years ago, I had made a statement about Tari Eason, that I feel like we should enjoy him because he might not be here long because he might get an opportunity to go to the NBA. I think Dan has the same ability."’

https://twitter.com/mrkeithjenkins/s...afEvcB3TiB6zmg

Comment

I think Skillings will start at SF. I personally think he has star potential.
                              Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 06-10-2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X