Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillon Mitchell 6'8 F transfer commit (Texas)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillon Mitchell 6'8 F transfer commit (Texas)

Dillon Mitchell has committed to the Bearcats!

- 6'8, 205 lbs. from Tampa, FL
    - Two years of eligibility left after playing two seasons at Texas (71 starts in 72 games)
    - 2023-24 #s at Texas: 9.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.0 steal per game; 58.5% FG, 59.8% FT, 0/8 from three
    - Former consensus five-star / Top 10 HS recruit (2022 class), McDonald's All-American out of Montverde Academy
    - Transfer portal rankings: #22 (247), #37 (CBS), #42 (On3)
    - 2023-24 highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09qTv-o91c

https://texassports.com/sports/mens-...mitchell/13260
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...illon-mitchell

Odds & Ends:
    - 10 points and 4 rebounds in the win at Fifth Third Arena in January 9
    - 21 points (career high) and 8 rebounds versus eventual national champs UConn on November 20
    - 14 double figure rebound games in his career (12 this season)
    - 6 points and 10 rebounds total in two NCAA Tournament games this year
    - Left-handed

Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-17-2024, 04:08 PM.

Jeff Borzello: "Could be the missing piece for what should be a preseason top-25 team under Wes Miller."

Jeff Goodman: "Huge pickup for Wes Miller."

@portal_updates: "Mitchell is extremely athletic, great at attacking the rim, and a great defender who can defend multiple positions."

0/0 from three as a freshman; 0/8 as a sophomore - here is him draining 3s at last year's NBA Draft Combine -- shades of Pete Mickeal with that lefty release https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/1658199624912347151

Chad Brendel just said on the air with Mo Egger that Dillon shot 76% around the rim last season
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-17-2024, 04:11 PM.

Comment

HUGE!!!! he’s definitely going to be a starter.
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

This is definitely huge. As previously stated, i think page's ceiling is also higher than his freshman year would suggest. Things are looking up....

Comment

Huge!!! Bigtime Portal Pickup for Wes.... Can't wait to watch this team play in Nov.

Comment

@SeanPaulCBB: "Good move for Cincinnati. Mitchell probably slots in at the four for the Bearcats, providing defense and athleticism next to Aziz Bandaogo. The Bearcats are a top-25 caliber team. Strong returning guard duo with Day Day Thomas/Jizzle James -- and breakout star Dan Skillings, and wing shooter Connor Hickman from Bradley. Strong, strong team who got better throughout the year."

Fran Fraschilla: "Excited I get to keep watching @Dillonmit_23 play in @Big12Conference for @GoBearcatsMBB. One of the most athletic, hardest playing guys in the country. Bearcats are a @MarchMadnessMBB team."
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-17-2024, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Made my day and week and month.

Related: Why does big stuff always drop while I'm doing kid pickup line duty?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So nil does talk and the Cats were waiting to spring. Like the fact of defense. This is so groovy - Bring on X.

PS 1.4 assists from the front court. Now get him in the monster factory and put on some weight.
                58.5% FG, 59.8% FT, 0/8 from three. Work on the FTs and we can live with his staying away from what is not his range.
                Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-17-2024, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Made my day and week and month.

Related: Why does big stuff always drop while I'm doing kid pickup line duty?
                  Do kid pickup line duty more often.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

@SeanPaulCBB: "Good move for Cincinnati. Mitchell probably slots in at the four for the Bearcats, providing defense and athleticism next to Aziz Bandaogo. The Bearcats are a top-25 caliber team. Strong returning guard duo with Day Day Thomas/Jizzle James -- and breakout star Dan Skillings, and wing shooter Connor Hickman from Bradley. Strong, strong team who got better throughout the year."

And still didn't mention our best player, Simas.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

And still didn't mention our best player, Simas.
                      I think you have correctly seen this team.

Comment

Awesome addition to what could be a great team.

Comment

ready for season, now.

Comment

I'll go way out on a limb here, but reminds me of a stronger version of James White...? Am I reaching on this one...?

Comment

This is a perfect pickup/fit for what we’re lacking-a badass PF/4. Great work Wes.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X