Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillon Mitchell 6'8 F transfer commit (Texas)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way on earth I’d take Simas over Jizzle. Jizzle is the one player on the roster that’s irreplaceable. Between transfers, freshman, returning players (Including Rayvon Griffin) There are a lot of options to replace Simas.

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    @SeanPaulCBB: "Good move for Cincinnati. Mitchell probably slots in at the four for the Bearcats, providing defense and athleticism next to Aziz Bandaogo. The Bearcats are a top-25 caliber team. Strong returning guard duo with Day Day Thomas/Jizzle James -- and breakout star Dan Skillings, and wing shooter Connor Hickman from Bradley. Strong, strong team who got better throughout the year."

And still didn't mention our best player, Simas.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
      No way on earth I’d take Simas over Jizzle. Jizzle is the one player on the roster that’s irreplaceable. Between transfers, freshman, returning players (Including Rayvon Griffin) There are a lot of options to replace Simas.

Not to mention Tyler Betsey, who never seems to get mentioned. I certainly agree that Jizzle is irreplaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Not to mention Tyler Betsey, who never seems to get mentioned. I certainly agree that Jizzle is irreplaceable.
        well he sure was replaceable by CWM at the end of the games as he froze or made wretched passes. Who did CWM trust -- He trusted the one who could dribble and pass as well as wasn't afraid to take the last shot. In the last minute, it is the all around game and not one who didn't have control of their game.

Comment

https://x.com/dillonmit_23/status/17...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

well he sure was replaceable by CWM at the end of the games as he froze or made wretched passes. Who did CWM trust -- He trusted the one who could dribble and pass as well as wasn't afraid to take the last shot. In the last minute, it is the all around game and not one who didn't have control of their game.
            my intention was not to trigger anyone to start tearing down players, I was just stating my preference.

Comment

my intention was not to trigger anyone to start tearing down players, I was just stating my preference.
              I understand but it is a discussion. I am just stating what i saw as the season went on. There was one irreplaceable player. CWM put the ball in his hands and that sure is more telling than just shooting, SL was the one who didn't freeze but took the last shot. when others froze. I saw several bad passes at the end of a couple of defeats and only one not afraid to shoot. I hope Jizzel becomes that irreplaceable player this year. Last season he showed flashes, but CWM did replace him at the end (When Day Day wasn't hurt) and the plays were designed to be in SL's hands and not the point guard's. It is just the way it was. We were talking about irreplaceable player and I disagree about JJ. SL had the ball at the end. It was the plan of CWM.
              Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-18-2024, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I understand but it is a discussion. I am just stating what i saw as the season went on. There was one irreplaceable player. CWM put the ball in his hands and that sure is more telling than just shooting, SL was the one who didn't freeze but took the last shot. when others froze. I saw several bad passes at the end of a couple of defeats and only one not afraid to shoot. I hope Jizzel becomes that irreplaceable player this year. Last season he showed flashes, but CWM did replace him at the end (When Day Day wasn't hurt) and the plays were designed to be in SL's hands and not the point guard's. It is just the way it was. We were talking about irreplaceable player and I disagree about JJ. SL had the ball at the end. It was the plan of CWM.
                I heard you the first time. The longer post didn’t change my perspective. LOL!

Comment

[QUOTE=Corporateballa;n416513]

I heard you the first time. The longer post didn’t change my perspective. LOL!
                  [/QUOTE
                  I wasn't sure if you knew that this is a discussion forum.

Comment

of course you did say "There are a lot of options to replace Simas." . I did say he was CWM's preference as his option to replace JJ at the end of the games.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-18-2024, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Funny how all the announcers raved about how Jizzle was going to be a star. I guess only you know how he's going to progress. It also seems like most on here believe he'll be the starting PG.

By the way, I like Simas too, but he had some horrid shooting days too, including 1 for 9 against Xavier, a 1 for 10, another 1 for 9, and a few other "gems".
                      Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 05-18-2024, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I almost read this thread without signing in. Much better now.
                        Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Funny how all the announcers raved about how Jizzle was going to be a star. I guess only you know how he's going to progress. It also seems like most on here believe he'll be the starting PG.

By the way, I like Simas too, but he had some horrid shooting days too, including 1 for 9 against Xavier, a 1 for 10, another 1 for 9, and a few other "gems".
                          funny how he has a big name father. Come on now. Yes, SL had some very bad days, but when the Cats were trying to make the tournament, who did CWM trust with the ball. It wasn't someone who was going to be a star, but one who gave the team the best chance at winning. I like JJ. .I like all the Cats to a point. I just gave my view and it is the all around game that most people don't see. They see taking a shot. It has to be as that is all they mention. We have seen enough Bearcat games over the years to know better. We are both old enough to have seen the old Johnny Carson show "Who do you trust". It is very obvious who CWM trusted. My hope is that JJ and others develop so we can have more than one option when the game is on the line. It takes a basketball player to perform in the pressure situations. SL is older and that helps. The best thing about a frosh is that he becomes a sophomore. I hope he matures on the floor to become the star and is able to get around from his father's rep.

BTW I never said he wasn't going to be a star. You put words in my mouth to make my observation look bad. Please let us discuss without resorting to that. I always said I hope he becomes a star, but last year he wasn't. Until a player steps up, there is one irreplaceable on this team in my humble opinion/ I base that not on a player's family although many announcers mentioned that the BB smarts SL has comes from being a coach's son, nor on an announcer. I base it on what I saw during the game. Did you hear Terry Nelson or Steve Logan saying what these national announcers who really don't know the team. The national need talking points as they really have no clue to a player. Terry and Steve know the team. Big difference.
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-19-2024, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Getting back to Mitchell, I am excited to see what he brings to the Cats inside game. I also expect much work on his outside shot to have the better shot at the NBA. I want to thank Cincy reigns and to congratulate CWM for finding the pieces. It is now up to CWM and staff to coach up the weak points. It is time to go to the big dance. I think we can all agree on that.

Comment

On paper these portal additions are very impressive and seems like CWM now has the pieces to finally make a run. But if it seems like I'm apprehensive it is only because of the history of past portal player performances, let's face it this staff has not had exceptional luck from the portal. So I hope this is the roster to finally get us back into national relevance. There can be no excuses now for this staff this year.

Comment

@EvanMiya:

Love this pickup for Cincy.

Mitchell is one of the best defensive prospects in the portal. Though his numbers haven't been flashy the last two seasons, he's finished in the top 25 in Defensive BPR in the Big 12 the last two seasons. His age and his 5-star high school recruiting profile also point to his still untapped potential in his junior season. Offensively he's solid, averaging almost 10 points per game while shooting 60% from two.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X