Game 16: SMU 1/6 9:30 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 16: SMU 1/6 9:30 ESPN

SMU comes to town Thursday night. SMU is led by Jendric Davis. The Mustangs are currently 10-3 with the losses coming from Oregon, MIssouri and and Loyola Marymount. They have wins over Dayton, Vandy, New Mexico and UNLV.

If you'd like to scout them, they play UCF today at 1:00 on ESPNU.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2567

Now let's see if this thread stays put.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-04-2022, 11:16 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Game has been moved to ESPN and 9:30 ET

Comment

Fixed. We better come to play with some cohesion on this one.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hate to say it but if they don't show up we are looking at being blown out yet again........ I really don't understand how they started out so well 5-0 and now they literally do nothing well.... Sad.....

Comment

Lots of me first stuff going on. Everyone trying to prove their worth to the new coach. Everyone needs to figure out roles and play as a team.

There's going to be people in the portal soon I would suspect.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's a shame it's going this way. I enjoyed watching the first 5 games. If that's what it takes to get things right, I hope some guys do leave. We need to open some more spots up for next year.

Comment

ESPN showing UC as a 2.5 point favorite. I don't see it, but I'd love to get a W.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                ESPN showing UC as a 2.5 point favorite. I don't see it, but I'd love to get a W.
                If I was a betting man I'd take SMU and the 2.5 points. I hope I'm wrong but I see a whole lot that needs fixing with this group.

Comment

Kevin Brown and Robbie Hummel on the call

I believe Brown did AAC games last year. Hummel is a rising star and, despite my dislike for Purdue, seems like a good dude.

Comment

I never thought that I would pick UC as the losing contender but there is just too much selfishness on this team. From the staff and the players it seems they are determined to force a will ( a will that is non- existent) onto their foes. I see UC losing by ten or more of this offense remains status quo. So Im hoping they have some things figured out!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Lots of me first stuff going on. Everyone trying to prove their worth to the new coach. Everyone needs to figure out roles and play as a team.

There's going to be people in the portal soon I would suspect.
                      Who do you suspect would be the portal? Ado, Newman, Koval, DDJ are all seniors (although maybe they could try to get a Covid year back). Davenport ain’t going anywhere. MAW and Mikey S are playing a lot so that seems unlikely.

The only obvious choices would be Mason and AJ.

I would hope coach sees enough potential in Vik, Ody and Jarrett to develop them more. Hard to imagine the benefit of continuing to stick with Ado, Newman, etc at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Who do you suspect would be the portal? Ado, Newman, Koval, DDJ are all seniors (although maybe they could try to get a Covid year back). Davenport ain’t going anywhere. MAW and Mikey S are playing a lot so that seems unlikely.

The only obvious choices would be Mason and AJ.

I would hope coach sees enough potential in Vik, Ody and Jarrett to develop them more. Hard to imagine the benefit of continuing to stick with Ado, Newman, etc at this point.

Hensley McGinness - just speculation and of course Mason. CWM will ride the local boy out for another year and hopefully get him to play under control. The good news is the Portal works both ways.

Comment

If the offense is going to continue as it has then I would substitute starting McGinnis for Newman as he is the more likely 3 pt. scorer and would also rotate Ody and Hensley in more for JD. Its too late to change DDJ's attitude about being the teams hero there-fore need more consistent scoring. Also its obvious MM is unhappy and is not looking to score when he does come in so I think definitely portal bound.
                          Last edited by Rufus; 01-06-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Agree with your all sentiments. I just don’t see the point of continuing to play major minutes Ado and Newman especially.

Comment

hockey wohoo

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X