No announcement yet.

Game 17: Memphis 1/9 3:30 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wes Miller really sucked today. Mind boggling.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I like wes miller but our offense is terrible, defense this game was abysmal, needed steph curry performance to keep it close. Wes just like in Monmouth game has no idea what to do to create a play. Woods acted like we were up 7 vs down 3 with 15 seconds left. Yes Memphis has more talent and hit some god praying shots but coach needs to learn game management and penalize players like ado and woods when they are not doing the right things, ado had solid game but couldnt rebound a ball outside of right into his hands for nothing and need to teach woods how to go up strong for layup vs trying to dazzle dazzle it in. Needed that win badly but here's hoping were up by 20 with 2 to go so they are not required to play structured offense

Comment

Wes Miller got outcoached by Penny. Memphis was playing with a depleted roster.

Mikey shoulda been in the game at the end when DeJulius/MAW turned it over. Where was Oguama? Ado was worthless down the stretch. Why couldn’t they get Davenport the ball???

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Mikey shoulda been in the game at the end when DeJulius/MAW turned it over. Where was Oguama? Ado was worthless down the stretch. Why couldn’t they get Davenport the ball???
          Not often when you are going to hear Penny outcoached someone.

Comment

Great effort by our Bearcats. They fought to the finish & proud of the way they handled a hostile environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post

Not often when you are going to hear Penny outcoached someone.
              Penny can coach. For some reason, some in your this forum
              has singled him out to be critical of out of every coach in the conference.

Comment

Penny can coach. For some reason, some in your this forum
                has singled him out to be critical of out of every coach in the conference.
                Maybe there is a good reason for that. Ever wonder how he keeps getting all those 5 star recruits? Hmmmm

Comment

My observations for those of you who want more of MS, he tends to drive to the hoop out of control and then throwing up some slop where he either misses wide or it gets blocked by one of the trees. I am not sure he would have done any better than the two guards that some of you seem to be criticizing.

Comment

Just wondering why when we have better height than any Bearcat team in recent memory, we can't defend the rim, get rebounds and the close in points.

Comment

Memphis has a history of ncaa infractions and Penny has shown hes not above attempting the same (Wiseman fiasco last year). So any time he has a top two recruiting class his methodology is always going to be questioned. Our team played well in a hostile enviornment, a whole lot better than I anticipated and we made too many turnovers and some boneheaded plays at the end to lose it, but it came down to having better players than the 'cats. We have looked a whole lot better these last two games. I still question some player moves made by CMW but we are still in rebuild mode.

Comment

Wasn’t DeAndre Williams to only Memphis regular who didn’t play?

Comment

You watched a different game than I did. I thought he did a pretty good job of getting guys in. Mikey was 2-8 shooting and 0-3 from 3 point. and they needed someone to get the pressure off Davenport. He also got burnt by Harris a few times on cuts. I think we could have gotten Oguama in more minutes, but while Ado offers nothing offensively, he was doing a decent job on D. He had 3 steals and 2 blocks and was much more physical underneath. This team could have given up after a few runs and they didn't. That to me is the sign of a good coach. How long did it take Penny to make adjustments when we started hitting shots? I think they were just better than us.

Comment

[QUOTE=GangstaTakester;n387968] You watched a different game than I did. /QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I think we had a respectable showing. So many critics here, so much negativity. The game could have gone either way up until the very end.

Comment

The talent gap in this game was huge, and it was a road game with a hostile crowd. We were able to compete. Hard to fault the coaching or the effort. Looking at the matchup objectively, we had no business being in the game, but we had a chance to win at the end.

Comment

This game came down to one thing...talent. If we don't shoot lights out, we lose by 20. And we shot lights out because Memphis is not a good team. Great players but not a good team. We played as hard and as good as we can but still came up short. The next question is can CWM get some NBA talent.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X