Regionally, check out looserville's record and Indiana's record. I am sure that there are even worse out there so take a deep breath and be glad that we are not under penalties. See UM vs. Wisconsin.
It could be worse
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Howard only got a 5 game and will be back for the BIG Tourney. That is a joke.-- I don't measure by other teams, I go by what I see in a Cincinnati uniform. -
Of the teams you mentioned, only Louisville is really in a worse position than us. But in the spirit of this thread, here are some other notable teams that are having worse seasons than ours:
-Maryland (12-14, NET #95, midseason coaching change)
-Florida State (14-13, NET #98, Sweet 16 last year)
-Minnesota (13-12, NET #101, first year head coach)
-Arizona St (10-16, NET #119, have not won a tournament game in Hurley's 7 seasons)
-Utah (11-16, NET #122, first year head coach, 6-year tournament drought)
-NC State (11-16, NET #131, have not won a tournament game in past 7 seasons)
-Washington (13-12, NET #132, one tournament appearance in past 11 seasons)Comment
-
IU is 16-10 and standing at 9th in the B1G. In reality, IU has not done much since they ran Bobby Knight out of town.Comment
-
Here's Justin Williams' take on the state of the program. In essence, this is about what was expected, preseason, and that this is a multi-year rebuild:
https://theathletic.com/3141111/2022...ampaign=601983Comment
-
What else can you expect CWM to say. What else can Justin write as of now due to the need to be close to the program. I would like to have seen a rise instead of a fall, but I beleive there should be some improvement next year. At least, I hope there is and I am positive that there will be some and perhaps more.Here's Justin Williams' take on the state of the program. In essence, this is about what was expected, preseason, and that this is a multi-year rebuild:
https://theathletic.com/3141111/2022...ampaign=601983Comment
-
Not sure that there is a 'multi-year' rebuild in college basketball anymore. Great players are one and done, some go from high school to g-league or overseas, transfer portal speeds up any potential rebuild process. What fans or AD would tolerate a multi-year rebuild nowadays in college basketball?
College football used to have a 4-5 year program rebuild as tolerable/acceptable with coaches wanting a good amount fifth year seniors - now it's a 3-year max timeframe for a rebuild given the transfer portal - look how many coaches Tennessee... or Florida has gone through since Urban left - the fan base is impatient. Of course with 85 scholarship players college football needs more time for a rebuild than basketball, but no way is a 3-year rebuild acceptable in college hoops today.Comment
-
I dont want a multi-year rebuild, no one does, but if we don't find a big guy with some post moves, strength and ability to rebound, that's where we're headed.Comment
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Comment