Game 31: SMU 3/3 7:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    He's a classy kid. He's got a lot of heart and worked hard to improve his game. I can appreciate that.

Comment

Many may disagree but it seems to me that when Ado fouled out, SMU took advantage and drove to the basket a lot. Ado gets a lot of negative comments but he does seem to plug up the middle. Losing Newman didn't help either. That being said it's awful hard to beat a team that makes 33 FT's.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

No. The winner of the ECU/Wichita game will have a better conference winning percentage than us and the loser will have worse winning percentage than us.

We're locked into the 8th seed either way.
        Yeah, you're right. I forgot that the schedules aren't equal. We played 18 conference games, ECU will have 17, WSU 15.

Comment

I appreciate how DDJ worked hard in the offseason, hung with the program, and became a leader on this team. He kept us in many many games. Maybe we haven't seen the last of him in a UC uniform

Comment

Originally posted by tomgilmer@bellsouth.net View Post
            Many may disagree but it seems to me that when Ado fouled out, SMU took advantage and drove to the basket a lot. Ado gets a lot of negative comments but he does seem to plug up the middle. Losing Newman didn't help either. That being said it's awful hard to beat a team that makes 33 FT's.
            So with UC leaving and trying to make sure the league has another team aside from Houston, especially one that is staying make the tourney does anyone else feel that might have had some influence on the inordinate amount fouls called on UC? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              I appreciate how DDJ worked hard in the offseason, hung with the program, and became a leader on this team. He kept us in many many games. Maybe we haven't seen the last of him in a UC uniform
              We really need another quality guard to compliment him. Last night showed that.

Comment

Yea it did, but slowing down saunders helped quite a bit LTF, now if they can get him to be more efficient w/ the ball and be more in tune as when when to use his speed would go a long way. MAW is another story. We definitely need someone to replace him, I hate to say that as he was one of my faves coming into the season. Hes not scoring threat, absolutely cannot drive and lay up, and he's prone to turning over the ball too often. A big disappointment. Looking for Skillings / Reed to fill this role next year.

Comment

It’s so often the bad decisions, trying over and over to do things they can’t really do, leading to the same mistakes over and over. Making the right decision consistently turns an average player into a good player, but we see the same mistakes every game lately. I really think guys have been trying too hard instead of staying with the sets, on offense and defense. To me that’s worse than beating beaten on defense like last night. We don’t have the ability to guard elite opponents, and that was plainly obvious recently. Oh well, barring a miracle the season ends next week.
                  Last edited by longtimefan; 03-05-2022, 12:12 AM.

Comment

^^It is not even elite opponents. See USF.

Comment

• That's what was so glaringly frustrating about this season, the seemingly lack of coaching and / or lack of comprehension of the basics. The same mistakes game after game etc. It took MS just until the last few games to just slow down, to understand that beating everyone down the court just to kick the ball out of bounds is very tiresome. And I'm still trying to understand why JD isn't taken aside and made to understand that there are some shots he takes that should never be taken! So I'm thinking installing the offensive system was priority one this season. Here's hoping that teaching the players some bball IQ is on the agenda for the off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

So with UC leaving and trying to make sure the league has another team aside from Houston, especially one that is staying make the tourney does anyone else feel that might have had some influence on the inordinate amount fouls called on UC? Just asking.
                        No doubt this had a big play on the reffing of this game, plus cincinnati matches up well with them. Miller has to make sure he controls and dictates more offensive sets for next couple years, especially when his bosses will start putting how many games he wins into perspective. Learn from your mistakes and micromanage the offense when u dont have great offensive players, not sure if david stays, but I think its totally just about what he feels. If he thinks they might be able to make tournament then maybe he stays, If he thinks they will just replicate what they did this year he would be better off trying out over seas. Hope he has good luck in whatever he decides. But as mr rufus said, player development now they have year into system will be paramount.

Comment

• There were at least 4 phantom fouls called on us. I think Miller needs to change his stance on the refs. They walking all over him. Every contested shot on the defensive end we are called for a foul.
                          Not the same with our opponents. We are getting hammered all the time & very few calls. Maybe getting a technical when these calls are so blatantly wrong would not be a bad thing. Just my opinion!

Comment

• Nobody gets calls at Moody. It's not just us. Really makes wonder if having W sitting courtside influences the refs a bit.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think having Dubya in the stands definitely influenced the refs. However there is a lot to be said about CWM obtaining some strategic "T's" throughout this season. A lot of coaches have used them for various reasons one of which is to excite the team. UC has been the big fish in the AAC ever since its inception and there are certain teams that get a little extra joy in adding to our misery. And you cant convince me that that there aren't some refs that would do the same or be willing to "back scratch" those teams who do feel that way, not staying that was the case against SMU. But MM did block/ deflect that shot without fouling and Miller should have taken a T there. He should have vigorously argued that foul to the point of obtaining one.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X