American Conference Tournament 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
    Really important for the program to break the losing streak going into year end. With the win I'll focus on just the positives. DDJ was clutch as always. He takes a lot of shots but he needs to avoid the offensive droughts. Ado was an important defensive presence inside. You could tell he was moving much better today. It's great to see Hensley growing as a player. He always gives good effort and plays with tenacity like a true Bearcat. It was good to see him chipping in offensively as well. You can tell he is getting more comfortable. Newman was huge on Newton on the 2nd half and a solid game throughout. It was good to see the team ice it by knocking down FT's late.

Overall I'm happy for Miller to get a win. It is clear he needs more guys that can take their man 1/1 both offensively and defensively. There's some help coming in and room for more. They also need an offseason to build some strength so they can finish better at the basket.
    Good stuff Gmann

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      From Justin Williams: "Neither Wes Miller nor Joe Dooley had much to offer in the post-game pressers regarding the halftime scuffle between Cincinnati and ECU."

What was this? Didn't see/hear anything.
      There was a scuffle in the tunnel on the way to the half. At one point Davenport got pulled out of it and the ECU fans including Aaron Jones of Green Bay got into a shouting match with him. No seems to know what started it. The teams were not supposed to use the same tunnel. Not sure how that happened.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Someone dropped the ball on that one. After the debacle with Juwan Howard earlier you would think the conference heads would be doing due diligence. Im glad it didn't escalate. I missed the games as I was at work but good to see the cats come out with a V.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

There was a scuffle in the tunnel on the way to the half. At one point Davenport got pulled out of it and the ECU fans including Aaron Jones of Green Bay got into a shouting match with him. No seems to know what started it. The teams were not supposed to use the same tunnel. Not sure how that happened.

According to the Announcers... UC went down the wrong tunnel..

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Someone dropped the ball on that one. After the debacle with Juwan Howard earlier you would think the conference heads would be doing due diligence. Im glad it didn't escalate. I missed the games as I was at work but good to see the cats come out with a V.
            I dvred it. Not too much to brag on

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I dvred it. Not too much to brag on

The cameras were late getting to the tunnel.. I guess the pushing n shoving occurred before we were able to see it...

Comment

I just saw some highlights on you tube. Of course its just the good and they never show the bad. The box score did show several (10) players scoring for the good guys which is a pleasant surprise. Newman had 7pts. as did Hensley. Much of the disappointment throughout this season is that we expected much much more from MAW, MM, JD, and MS that didn't ever materialize. My point Im getting to is this, Hensley looked comfortable this afternoon from what I seen so here's to hoping he hits the both the weight room and the gum hard this offseason and maintains his confidence. I think he could be a very good player at this level. Next up is Houston and Sampson tomorrow. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the bearcats rob HIM of an AAC championship. 😂 So if we can get the same level of participation and chemistry as we had today we just could pull it off. Go 'cats

Comment

I just saw some highlights on you tube. Of course its just the good and they never show the bad. The box score did show several (10) players scoring for the good guys which is a pleasant surprise. Newman had 7pts. as did Hensley. Much of the disappointment throughout this season is that we expected much much more from MAW, MM, JD, and MS that didn't ever materialize. My point Im getting to is this, Hensley looked comfortable this afternoon from what I seen so here's to hoping he hits the both the weight room and the gum hard this offseason and maintains his confidence. I think he could be a very good player at this level. Next up is Houston and Sampson tomorrow. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the bearcats rob HIM of an AAC championship. 😂 So if we can get the same level of participation and chemistry as we had today we just could pull it off. Go 'cats
                  there was much more lowlights concerning missed layups. blocked shots, air balls and just the most wretched of defense. The announcers called out JD continually for insane shots and horrid defense. He said ther opponent was licking his chops when he saw JD on him. I want a win, but they played like fresh excrement today. Much better fundamentally sound team tomorrow.
                  Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-10-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Video from Wichita State writer https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...97693824024576

Comment

Like I said Leo they just show the good. And I didn't expect them to suddenly become a "team" in just a matter of days but I did notice as I mentioned earlier, ten players on our team scored so there is hope in it eventually happening. Next year? So the burden of scoring wasn't put on just two team members and that's a good sign that more players are getting involved. Newman and Hensley especially look to be figuring some things out finally. Im keeping my fingers crossed we get some players in here that enjoy shutting down the opposition, so I agree with you that defense has been an achilles heel all year long. Have a good evening sir!

Comment

Post game press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC_DSb50RsI

Comment

All that I can say is that they are still alive. DeJulius Scores 22, UC Moves On in AAC Tourney - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Cincinnati basketball played a pretty solid game yesterday. The team's second half defense was some of the best that I have seen them play all year. They held ECU for about 8 minutes in the second half without a field goal. ECU scored only 22 second half points. ECU shot 28.8% overall and 16.6% from the three-point line in the second half. UC did a pretty good job holding V. Jackson to 16 points. They looked like a team that came to play yesterday. Good win. Hopefully, they will show up to play Houston. Let's see what Miller and company have learned from playing Houston twice already (two losses) this season.

Comment

Any Bearcat win is a great win!

Comment

Like I said Leo they just show the good. And I didn't expect them to suddenly become a "team" in just a matter of days but I did notice as I mentioned earlier, ten players on our team scored so there is hope in it eventually happening. Next year? So the burden of scoring wasn't put on just two team members and that's a good sign that more players are getting involved. Newman and Hensley especially look to be figuring some things out finally. Im keeping my fingers crossed we get some players in here that enjoy shutting down the opposition, so I agree with you that defense has been an achilles heel all year long. Have a good evening sir!
                                we can hope and look to the portal and the new guys. A new season always brings new hope. Let's get on with it. I will watch today, because I do love em.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X