Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Houston is not as good as last year's team

I think this TEAM is better than lasts years.. The Team last year quit towards the end...

Comment

DD is pissed how it ends for him

Comment

Look on the Brightside Gentlemen.. We have Help on the way... Reed n Skillings, and maybe we land a few in the portal who can help...

Comment

2 straight air balls - not the best way to end

Comment

A lot of work to do to compete next year. I wouldn't look for Houston to make a deep run in the tourney. There lack of depth will be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Houston is not as good as last year's team
              Seriously, Leo. I could say anything and you could spin it in the other direction.

Disappointed the season played out the way it did. But I am personally optimistic for the future and ready for Year 2 to get moving here with the offseason about to begin.

Nice to see Sam Martin get some time.

Comment

We have 4 big guys. They took 5 shots and made 1 bucket. One of the problems with this team, can't score inside. Also poor 3 pt %.

Comment

Well, we wanted progress. Last year in the tournament Houston beat us 91-54, and the game wasn’t that close. That team also had Keith Williams and Tari Eason. So yes, for what these guys are, I’m proud of how they performed today. Now, there are some hard roster questions to answer. Right now we’re full, and we can’t bring players from the portal if everybody returns. Interesting weeks ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Seriously, Leo. I could say anything and you could spin it in the other direction.

Disappointed the season played out the way it has. But I am personally optimistic for the future and ready for Year 2 to get moving here with the offseason about to begin.

Nice to see Sam Martin get some time.
                    What I said is the truth. UH was a final 4 team last year. Not on the same level this year. To be honest, UC played closer, but lacked so much. Now I can say with hope. on to next season. I will try to forget tyhis year and the last couple of years.

Comment

• We've got the learning curve begin to smooth out a bit towards the end of season. We've got at least three coming in that can score. I' m hoping to see VL and JH make huge strides and if that occurs were just a portal person acquisition away (if room is made available) from actually being good. Lots of its and others variables but its going to be interesting this off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by kennh View Post
                        We have 4 big guys. They took 5 shots and made 1 bucket. One of the problems with this team, can't score inside. Also poor 3 pt %.
                        Well said. Assuming Lakhin and Oguama return and Hensley continues to develop they still need at least one dependable scoring big man. We were seriously lacking and no threat to score inside all year. I like Lakhin's potential but the dude has to get better at playing without fouling and get stronger with the ball near the basket. I like OO's energy but he has to get stronger too and be more of a threat to score as well. I am anxious to see what Miller does with the roster. If we stand pat and just add the 3 guys that have committed I think we will be better but still lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post

Well said. Assuming Lakhin and Oguama return and Hensley continues to develop they still need at least one dependable scoring big man. We were seriously lacking and no threat to score inside all year. I like Lakhin's potential but the dude has to get better at playing without fouling and get stronger with the ball near the basket. I like OO's energy but he has to get stronger too and be more of a threat to score as well. I am anxious to see what Miller does with the roster. If we stand pat and just add the 3 guys that have committed I think we will be better but still lacking.
                          a couple will be addiction by subtraction especially if we can get a solid player or two in the portal.

Comment

• I see 5 gone so that leaves 2 more What do you think

Comment

• I think Madsen, McGinnis, and Lahkin are gone. Hensley basically outplaying Lahkin by end of year. Plus he was a 4 star Miller recruit. I think we will struggle next year when we again play Davenport at the 4. Hoping for the best.

Comment

• Via Chad Brendel's twitter: Kelvin Sampson "I know what it's like to take over a new program. Wes has done a wonderful job"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X