No announcement yet.

NCAA Infractions (Not UC) Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitino's talk of trust, hurt, etc. fall on deaf ears after reading the money quote, “Let’s start with Coach Pitino fornicating on the table,”. Does Pitino think people don't have memories?

He would serve himself much better if he would move on. The more he "explains", the more people will toss back.

I have a relative like him; causes all the family drama and then claims they are the victim.

Comment

Penny takes a 3 games suspension for things that came out of the James Wiseman probe. They didn't actually punish him for Wiseman. They got him for not fostering an atmosphere of compliance during the Wiseman probe.

Will Wade just grabbed a 2 year show cause for LSU where he paid players and now McNeese St. is stuck with a coach who can't coach and a bunch of transfers that can't transfer out (I think)
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Penny takes a 3 games suspension for things that came out of the James Wiseman probe. They didn't actually punish him for Wiseman. They got him for not fostering an atmosphere of compliance during the Wiseman probe.

Will Wade just grabbed a 2 year show cause for LSU where he paid players and now McNeese St. is stuck with a coach who can't coach and a bunch of transfers that can't transfer out (I think)
        Wade's suspended for 10 days, I don't think the show cause means he cannot coach for two years. Took me several articles to confirm that, but the CBS article lays out the penalties/restrictions over the next couple years: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...aa-violations/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Wade's suspended for 10 days, I don't think the show cause means he cannot coach for two years. Took me several articles to confirm that, but the CBS article lays out the penalties/restrictions over the next couple years: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...aa-violations/
          That's way different than what was represented by Forde at SI.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Rather than 10 days, the suspension is for 10 games. McNeese State originally imposed a 5-game ban, which the review board doubled. In addition, per al.com, "Under terms of the show cause, Wade cannot recruit off-campus during the April and summer evaluation periods until June 21, 2025. He was also hit with reductions in official and unofficial recruiting visits for his program." This doesn't mean his assistants can't recruit off campus; just Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Rather than 10 days, the suspension is for 10 games. McNeese State originally imposed a 5-game ban, which the review board doubled. In addition, per al.com, "Under terms of the show cause, Wade cannot recruit off-campus during the April and summer evaluation periods until June 21, 2025. He was also hit with reductions in official and unofficial recruiting visits for his program." This doesn't mean his assistants can't recruit off campus; just Wade.
              Oops, yes, 10 games haha

As to off campus recruiting, yes, that's a setback. But it is McNeese State -- not exactly going after a bunch of 5 and 4 star talent, I think they'll do fine.

Comment

Kansas about to find out, with 5 Level 1 violations. This is the last case from the FBI investigation.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/1...ered-wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  Kansas about to find out, with 5 Level 1 violations. This is the last case from the FBI investigation.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/1...ered-wednesday
                  I'll go on record predicting that this will be a slap on the wrist for everyone involved and they'll most likely not get a postseason ban or anything significant beyond the self punishments. They might have to vacate wins. The IARP has been largely toothless and they just want to get out of town since this is the last case before them.

A Jackass is a horse created by a commitee - Unknown
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'll go on record predicting that this will be a slap on the wrist for everyone involved and they'll most likely not get a postseason ban or anything significant beyond the self punishments. They might have to vacate wins. The IARP has been largely toothless and they just want to get out of town since this is the last case before them.

A Jackass is a horse created by a commitee - Unknown
                    There is no doubt that you are right.

Comment

I was awfully close.

Jeff Borzello
                      @jeffborzello

Bill Self and Kansas will face no additional serious penalties, per the IARP's ruling. Three-year probation and they have to vacate their 2018 Final Four appearance and wins from that season due to Silvio de Sousa's participation. But no postseason ban, further suspension, etc.

Last edited1:45 PM · Oct 11,

Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Pretty strong statement on the situation.

https://x.com/joshuaclaybourn/status...121629428?s=61

Comment

This was also a pretty interesting response.

https://twitter.com/OSUAthletics/sta...91096602706211
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X