Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at the standings this morning. Tulane has 4 games left in a 7 day span because of the postponement of the game at ECU when the ECU announcer died. It would be great if we won tomorrow and Tulane lost 2 of their 4. They have WSU and Temple bookending back to back game games with ECU on 3/1 and 3/3.

Houston's a 21pt favorite at ECU today. We'll see how that goes for them. The Cougars have yet to lose a road game this season.
    Houston 14-1 - 26-2
    Memphis 11-4 3 21-7
    Tulane 10-4 3.5 17-8
    Cincinnati 10-6 4.5 19-10
    Temple 9-7 5.5 15-14
    Wichita State 7-8 7 14-13
    UCF 6-9 8 15-12
    East Carolina 5-9 8.5 14-13
    South Florida 5-10 9 12-16
    SMU 5-10 9 10-18
    Tulsa 1-15 13.5 5-22
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tulane falls at ECU, just a half game up on UC. Tulane still hosts both ECU and Temple later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Tulane falls at ECU, just a half game up on UC. Tulane still hosts both ECU and Temple later this week.
        Not to dwell too much on the past, but this makes our own loss at ECU sting all the more.

We would've controlled our own destiny en route to the 3 seed had we not blown a 16-point lead and lost there.

Comment

No sense of urgency or "taking care of business" has been prevalent all season long unfortunately!

Comment

Tulane can conceivably lose both of those games they way they are playing right now. We still have a shot at the 3 seed if things fall right. The interesting thing is If Tulane does lose two we could end up tied with Temple if we don't take care of business on Sunday. In that case I believe Temple would get the 3 seed based on their win at Houston. Need Temple to lose against UCF tonight to stay out of that possibility.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Tulane can conceivably lose both of those games they way they are playing right now. We still have a shot at the 3 seed if things fall right. The interesting thing is If Tulane does lose two we could end up tied with Temple if we don't take care of business on Sunday. In that case I believe Temple would get the 3 seed based on their win at Houston. Need Temple to lose against UCF tonight to stay out of that possibility.
              I think the only way UC could get the 3 right now would involve:
              1) UC beating SMU
              2) Tulane losing home games to ECU and Temple
              3) Temple losing a home game tonight to UCF

So let's just beat SMU on Sunday, get win #20 and plan for the 4/5

Comment

Temple has defeated UCF so it’s a matter of the 4 or 5 seed and we will play Friday 3/10 at 3:00
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Temple has defeated UCF so it’s a matter of the 4 or 5 seed and we will play Friday 3/10 at 3:00
                  The Knights choked at the end of the game. They had just taken the lead but allowed Damian Dunn to race the length of the floor and do what he does (get fouled while shooting). He tied it up at 55 with the first FT, then rimmed out the second. Somehow, the Knights failed to box out Nick Jourdain, who went across the lane untouched, grabbed the rebound and stuck it in at :00.9.
                  Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-03-2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

If UC takes care of business versus SMU, seems like the seeding/matchup will largely come down to the result between Temple/Tulane on Sunday... I'm not sure who I'd rather face between those two. Naturally, easy to look ahead towards a matchup with Houston in the semis but obviously UC has an L against both Temple and Tulane.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

If UC takes care of business versus SMU, seems like the seeding/matchup will largely come down to the result between Temple/Tulane on Sunday... I'm not sure who I'd rather face between those two. Naturally, easy to look ahead towards a matchup with Houston in the semis but obviously UC has an L against both Temple and Tulane.
                      Present #3 through #5 standings:

Tulane 10-6 (swept by Houston, swept Memphis, split with UC, beat Temple)
                      Temple 10-7 (split with Houston, swept by Memphis, split with UC, lost to Tulane)
                      UC 10-7 (swept by Houston, swept by Memphis, split with Tulane, split with Temple)

The Cats cannot attain the #3 seed, as the tiebreakers favor both Temple and Tulane. If Tulane beat ECU tonight, but fall to Temple Sunday, while the Cats beat SMU, the standings would be:

Temple (11-7)
                      Tulane (11-7)
                      UC (11-7)

None of the three can drop to #6, as Wichita State are in that spot at 8-9.

If Tulane would drop both games, the Wave would fall to 10-8 and finish #5. UC would be #4 by beating SMU. If Tulane would beat Temple, the Owls would drop to #5 at 10-8 and UC again would finish #4. Otherwise, #5. The only difference would be the opponent. Personally, I'd prefer to play Tulane. We have no one who can guard Damian Dunn.
                      Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-03-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

ECU committed three offensive fouls in the final 2:30 at Tulane and lost to the Wave, 78-75. So, Tulane reached 11-6.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                          ECU committed three offensive fouls in the final 2:30 at Tulane and lost to the Wave, 78-75. So, Tulane reached 11-6.
                          Tulane clinched the 3 seed. So I guess that means UC will open with Temple. Just don’t know what jersey color yet…

Comment

According to Anthony Mazzini, Tulane has not clinched the 3. If they beat Temple today, they get the 3. A Temple win would give the Owls the 3 , Tulane the 4 and UC the 5 regardless of the SMU outcome today.

I’m personally rooting for Temple to win today so we can avoid them in the bracket in the second round. I’d rather play Tulane as we don’t have anyone who can guard Damian Dunn for Temple.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to Anthony Mazzini, Tulane has not clinched the 3. If they beat Temple today, they get the 3. A Temple win would give the Owls the 3 , Tulane the 4 and UC the 5 regardless of the SMU outcome today.

I’m personally rooting for Temple to win today so we can avoid them in the bracket in the second round. I’d rather play Tulane as we don’t have anyone who can guard Damian Dunn for Temple.
                              I'm with you there.

A Tulane loss today would mean they'd go into the tournament having lost 4 of their last 5 with the lone win being a nail-biting home win over lowly ECU.

They would certainly be an easier team to gameplan around for a third time.

Comment

Welp we’re the 5 seed and with that I get to close the AAC thread for the last time.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X