No announcement yet.

Cleveland St 11/10 8:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also saw 2 or 3 mid major guys playing against us last night that I wouldn't mind having. Kids find themselves all all different ages. The high school 17 year old version not recruited heavily can turn out to be a 21 year old monster.

Comment

I was not watching terribly closely last night and will probably go back and watch the archive. Based on what I did see and hear, that game was way closer than it ever should have been. CSU was probably thinking that was their Super Bowl for the year and they played like it.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        I was not watching terribly closely last night and will probably go back and watch the archive. Based on what I did see and hear, that game was way closer than it ever should have been. CSU was probably thinking that was their Super Bowl for the year and they played like it.

They did, plus their backs were to the wall after losing their opener to a Div.2 School... So they came out with high intensity and played like it was do or die! Plus they have the former Kansas/Iowa State Transfer (Enaruna) who was a legit High 4 Star Recruit who killed us on the Inside early... He can score from just about anywhere on the court... Without him, we beat CSU by 20 Plus.....

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          2-0 and the chance to go 3-0 -- NKU -- will need to pick it up.
          EKU first on Sunday at noon, then at NKU on Wednesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            A major part of the closeness is the half court offense. I don't think it was CSU's defense, but our lack of screening and if someone does cut, hitting the pass. I saw some get passes undeneath but their reactions in putting the ball up was slow and off balanced.

Comment

OBSERVATION (2) Games into the Season.

After watching the Cats play Chaminade & Cleveland State our Achilles Heel will be the Inside the Paint ALL Season.

Davenport & MAW: Both play well against less talented teams.. Both look to hit 3's with little defense in their faces.. Against CSU who has more talent than Chaminade, both were held in check and shutdown at the 3pt, and inside the paint... Nothing new, we've since this since day one freshman years.

Hensley: This is why the team will need Hensley to be more of a factor as the season goes on. Especially in the Paint!

Bearcats Inside Game: Lahkin & Ezikpe: I think we would ALL agree, Lahkin is more of a finesse player, than a banger on the inside. Ezikpe appears to be more of a rebounder and banger, with slightly less offensive skills...

So this Team will face teams in Maui like Arizona, Arkansas, San Diego State, OSU, Texas Tech all who have formable front courts, more talented the UC.

If I'm scouting the Cats, the recipe for success is pounding the ball in the paint! ..and I'm sure Miller at X is already paying attention who we face on Dec10th!

So I'm worried about getting killed in the paint going forward.. We do not have the Bangers in years past... Just my opinion for what it's worth!

Comment

Pete Mickeal was apparently at the game -- first time on campus in 22 years

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                  OBSERVATION (2) Games into the Season.

After watching the Cats play Chaminade & Cleveland State our Achilles Heel will be the Inside the Paint ALL Season.

Davenport & MAW: Both play well against less talented teams.. Both look to hit 3's with little defense in their faces.. Against CSU who has more talent than Chaminade, both were held in check and shutdown at the 3pt, and inside the paint... Nothing new, we've since this since day one freshman years.

Hensley: This is why the team will need Hensley to be more of a factor as the season goes on. Especially in the Paint!

Bearcats Inside Game: Lahkin & Ezikpe: I think we would ALL agree, Lahkin is more of a finesse player, than a banger on the inside. Ezikpe appears to be more of a rebounder and banger, with slightly less offensive skills...

So this Team will face teams in Maui like Arizona, Arkansas, San Diego State, OSU, Texas Tech all who have formable front courts, more talented the UC.

If I'm scouting the Cats, the recipe for success is pounding the ball in the paint! ..and I'm sure Miller at X is already paying attention who we face on Dec10th!

So I'm worried about getting killed in the paint going forward.. We do not have the Bangers in years past... Just my opinion for what it's worth!
                  I watched Zed Key at tOSU. Our guys seem not as physical and a step slow in reacting. hopefully they are getting experience now.

Comment

Two games into the season are NOT enough to predict what is going to happen on the season. Last night's win over Cleveland State was a decent win. It was a decent win because it forced Cincinnati to figure out how to win a game when they had a hard time scoring. UC played some pretty good defense in the second half. They held Cleveland State to 35 % shooting in the second half. I have seen both games so far and this current Cincinnati team does not appear to be a team that is going to blow out many teams that are their equals or better. Even slightly lesser teams may give them problems. This UC team appears not to be a good one-on-one defensive team. If you are going to play man-to-man defense, then you need good one-on-one defenders. What may be a better option is a switching man team or a match-up zone, or a combination of everything. I am NOT a fan of the pressing defense that UC now uses. It gives up too many open shots. That bothers me. What do you think Arizona is going to do with nobody in their faces? Cleveland State was able to get the ball to the rim when they wanted. There was very little resistance from UC's guards and wings. How many times did UC lose track of the Cleveland State cutters going to the rim? Also, what is UC going to do for a back-up big man? What is funny is that Miller brought in Ezikpe to be the starting big man, and he is now fighting for playing time just to get on the floor. Lakhin is a much better player in the paint; and he is BIGGER. Why recruit a player like Ezikpe? Every modern coach wants to play so called "small ball". From what I have seen over the last few years, big men that can play in the paint still make a difference whether you win or lose a game. I believe the big-game experience and maturity of a number of current UC players is going to really help this UC team. I get the feeling this is going to be a good dog-fight team. What do I know, I am always wrong. It is going to be interesting to see how the season plays out. Two games into the season are NOT enough to predict this team.
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 11-12-2022, 02:05 AM.

Comment

What’s up with Josh Reed?

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                        What’s up with Josh Reed?
                        Chad Brendel hinted that there's a chance that Reed will take a red shirt year. No decision on that yet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X