Xavier 12/10 3:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier 12/10 3:00 ESPN2

It's that time again. Xavier Extremely Strong Dislike Week is upon us.

X is 6-3 this season. HOWEVER, all three L's are to ranked teams in IU, Duke, and Gonzaga. The Re-Grand Opening under Sean Miller seems to be schedule hard, take some lumps, get in the tournament on SOS.
    A new names to yell at: SG and double transfer grad student Souley Boum leads the team in scoring. Boum is shooting 51% from 3. That is not a typo.

Jack Nunge is going to give us problems again most likely. He an inside presence but can hit the 3 so you have to get out and guard him away from the basket which opens things up for other players.

I'm not sure about the status of Adam Kunkel who was injured recently against Duke. It's head injury so who knows. I'm sure he'll play if he's out of protocol.

Xavier is pretty balanced scoring wise. The guards take the majority of the shots but Nunge is 3rd on the list.

I have not seen them play this year because I only care about them for about a week a year. If anyone has hate watched them this season, feel free to chime in.

The status of Kalu Ezikpe is unknown right now. Whatever the issue is, We ended up playing Sage Tolentino's this afternoon against Bryant. I'm still trying to figure out what the current redshirt rules are these days. We are defintely down are two best defenders now, with Newman and Phinesee out for the bulk of the season, if not the whole season. Vik's ability to defend Nunge on the perimeter is going to be important.

I'll be adding more to this through out the week.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2752

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

X handled WVU last night

Comment

Xavier is very skilled offensively. If UC doesn’t have a good shooting night (rarely do vs Xavier) and if Lakhin doesn’t play well/stay out of foul trouble it could get ugly. Feel like it’s Nunge and Freemantle vs Lakhin and that doesn’t seem good on paper. Colby Jones is also a potential first round NBA draft pick.

I guess Skillings and Reed are wildcards for UC. Prob need Nolley to have a lights out night.

Comment

I have 2 tickets available for this game suddenly. If you’re Interested, PM me before Close of Business 12/6. After that, they’re headed to Stubhub.

The game is sold out.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those of you attending: WEAR RED

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjUC04nW...name=4096x4096

Comment

Wes and David DeJulius preview the Shootout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZE8UY3EdL8

Comment

Wes Miller mentioned on his radio show last night that he's not going to sit here and publicly say "it's just another game" ... hmm, I seem to recall a prior coach say this very same thing ;-)

Not relevant to Xavier, but Wes mentioned that John Newman is likely out 8-12 weeks (after going into surgery thinking it would be 3-4) and Rob Phinisee had two screws put in his foot on Monday and is looking at 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Per XU game notes, ESPN2 announcers will be Jordan Bernfield and Cincinnati native Jordan Cornette

Comment

What's the local hype for this game? Seems kind of muted from down here in Texas.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    What's the local hype for this game? Seems kind of muted from down here in Texas.
                    Seems like from the UC side, football is far overshadowing it

Comment

Current Ken Pom #s: Xavier (Ohio) 29, Cincinnati 71

Comment

lack of hype come from lack of expectations? idk, but didn't stop me from dropping $$$ on tix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                          lack of hype come from lack of expectations? idk, but didn't stop me from dropping $$$ on tix.
                          It's great game to attend regardless of anything. I've definitely got good memories of it when I've been able to attend. It's a game where the decibel meter goes to 11 generally so bring earplugs.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's great game to attend regardless of anything. I've definitely got good memories of it when I've been able to attend. It's a game where the decibel meter goes to 11 generally so bring earplugs.
                            yeah, went when I was a student and few since then, no way I wasn't goin with one boy down there and one old enough to drive me

Comment

Very little hype, and very little back-n-forth. There were still tickets available early this week.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X