Xavier 12/10 3:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gmann
    Distinguished Member
    • Feb 2019
    • 798

    #16
    Originally posted by Lobot
    What's the local hype for this game? Seems kind of muted from down here in Texas.
    I believe Bearcats and Bengals football and the recent domination by XU has taken the attention away from this game on the UC side. Also CWM is not yet hated by X like Mick was. I know I used to be on pins and needles leading up to this game when it was competitive. I've lowered my expectations so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

    Comment

    • GoBearcats31
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2007
      • 11772

      #17
      - I think Viktor Lakhin may be the most important player on Saturday
      - Ody Oguama has a chance to play the X-factor, as Vik will need some help containing Zach/Jack defensively
      - Need Josh Reed or Daniel Skillings to have a solid game
      - Hopefully some extra fire for Mika Adams-Woods and potentially masked up (broken nose) Jeremiah Davenport, trying to avoid 0-4 against Xavier

      I vote XU freshman Desmond Claude (3/9 on the year) as the random Xavier player to hit a bunch of 3s

      Power Rankings of most likely to receive a Technical Foul:
      1) Zach Freemantle, X
      2) Viktor Lakhin, UC
      3) Landers Nolley, UC
      4) Adam Kunkel, X
      5) Daniel Skllings, UC
      6) Some random bench guy for X

      Comment

      • bearcatbret
        Veteran
        • May 2008
        • 8452

        #18
        Laughed at number 6 above. However, it seems that X seldom gets the technical calls. I remember back in the brawl, Lurch was knee deep into it and skated away free.

        Comment

        • Lobot
          Administrator
          • Apr 2007
          • 28318

          #19
          Laughing at Lurch. I always went with Shrek.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

          Comment

          • GoBearcats31
            Super Moderator
            • Apr 2007
            • 11772

            #20
            Kenyon Martin at the Shootout tomorrow?

            👀👀👀 Hearing that a certain #Bearcats legend might be in attendance at the Crosstown Shootout tomorrow

            Comment

            • GoBearcats31
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2007
              • 11772

              #21
              Red towels for the fans tomorrow:

              Comment

              • Bearcat1996
                Distinguished Member
                • Oct 2007
                • 687

                #22
                My, how far we have fallen. Used to be, our defense would keep us in this game, whether we are having a good year or not. Defense and toughness have gone the way of the dodo bird. It's not like this team can score lights out.

                Comment

                • bearcatbret
                  Veteran
                  • May 2008
                  • 8452

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Bearcat1996
                  My, how far we have fallen. Used to be, our defense would keep us in this game, whether we are having a good year or not. Defense and toughness have gone the way of the dodo bird. It's not like this team can score lights out.
                  And sadly, our fans complained about our defense orientated teams. I wonder if Mick would consider coming back once UC is in the Big 12 and UCLA is in the B1G. Travel may not be great in the Big 12 but it will be a whole lot better than it will be in the B1G. We have seen what Mick can do with recruiting when he is at a school with a name on the front. Oh well, we as fans and the administration seemed to have run him off.

                  Comment

                  • leo from jersey
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 6195

                    #24
                    It isn't Mick alone, but it started with Ed Jucker and then the Huggs family. We had a rare treat for years.

                    Comment

                    • GoBearcats31
                      Super Moderator
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 11772

                      #25
                      Jeremiah Davenport will be wearing a mask today

                      Comment

                      • RedDog
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 1223

                        #26
                        If it helps with his shot selection I am all for it. He needs to be a leader today.

                        Comment

                        • GoBearcats31
                          Super Moderator
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 11772

                          #27
                          Kenyon in the house
                          https://twitter.com/wellszach/status...B8WghL_6kizREQ

                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-10-2022, 02:46 PM.

                          Comment

                          • SKell82155
                            Member
                            • Mar 2022
                            • 252

                            #28
                            Hilarious to view the Xavier fan forum “Musketeer
                            Madness”. The moderators in particular are
                            pompous asses. According to them they are our
                            ”World Series or Super Bowl”.
                            I like to ask new Xavier acquaintances which of
                            the 3 majors they studied:
                            1- Sanctimony
                            2. Righteous Indignation
                            3. Holier than Thou-Ed mess
                            i was always taught people that live in glass houses
                            shouldn't throw stones but whatever.

                            Comment

                            • GoBearcats31
                              Super Moderator
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 11772

                              #29
                              3.5 point dogs

                              Comment

                              • leo from jersey
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 6195

                                #30
                                JD beaten like a drum

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...