No announcement yet.

Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This does not really belong in this thread but what if the original rumors were true and Erik Martin was hired as UC's head coach. He would have enlisted T-Nelson to help, he would have brought the UC toughness and mentality. I am not sure why he was not hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      This does not really belong in this thread but what if the original rumors were true and Erik Martin was hired as UC's head coach. He would have enlisted T-Nelson to help, he would have brought the UC toughness and mentality. I am not sure why he was not hired.
      No head coaching experience vs. other candidates.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Kenny Payne is sticking around per the Louisville AD. If they fire him in season he's due 8M of buyout money.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-payne-staying
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• John Calipari, what swell guy to give his endorsement to an in state rival head coach that he just beat the pants off of.

Comment

• Former UC assistant Tony Stubblefield has been fired by DePaul

Comment

• McNeese State's Will Wade has received a 5-year contract extension, per Jeff Borzello at ESPN.

If he can keep his nose clean, I am sure he will jump back up a level before long

Comment

• Aaron Fearne has had the interim tag removed and is officially the head coach at Charlotte. The 49ers are 15-8, including a 9-2 record in its inaugural AAC season.

I've often felt badly how Charlotte has fallen off the map post-Bobby Lutz (really since Huggins lured Lutz's assistant to Kansas State to secure the commitment of Michael Beasley), so hopefully they can sustain some success. Heck, I'm maybe willing to forgive Diego Guevara and hope his real estate career in Charlotte is going well.

Comment

• ^^^^However, it was during the Diego Guevara years that there fans were throwing coins at Bobby Brannen. Those fans were the worse ever.

Comment

• ^^^ I believe Ryan Fletcher responded by throwing basketballs back at them.
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

Comment

• Chris Holtmann out at Ohio State, reports Jeff Goodman

Seven seasons in Columbus, never made it past second round of NCAA -- most notably a #2 seed in the 2021 COVID tournament getting bounced by Oral Roberts.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-14-2024, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Sean Miller is a name to watch for Ohio State... if he left, 99.999999999% chance Chris Mack would be back at Xavier, right?

Comment

• Oh goodnes NO! From a cheat & liar to a gansta!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            Sean Miller is a name to watch for Ohio State... if he left, 99.999999999% chance Chris Mack would be back at Xavier, right?
                            Many think it is Mick C's buddy Buzz Williams . The new AD hired him at his old school, but many alums are not to satisfied with a less than spetacular hire. The new AD came to raise money so he will consider the deep pockets. You know like Cunningham did for his football hire.

Comment

• Not to sound like a vulture but Evan Mahaffey, the guard from Moeller is on the roster. Bruce Thornton a 5 star guard from Milton is too. I am sure they will get feelers.

Comment

• My two cents into getting transfers from tosu is, the Big 10 stinks this year. Look at MSU record. They had a gruesome out of conference schedule (or at least their record indicated so) but they have been tearing up the Bit 10. Maybe, the tosu players will want to play in the toughest conference in the country.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X