No announcement yet.

Houston 1/8 3:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd: Landers Nolley was 4/4 from three at the 8:43 mark in the first half and didn’t attempt another three (or score another point) the rest of the game. He played 30 minutes.

Comment

They rebounded about as well as any UC team has against Houston since Cronin left. Mika was great. Vik had a good 2nd half. Too many turnovers overall and the start to the second half was rough. Houston has a gear that UC, unfortunately, has no answer for at the moment. Need to try and put some wins together before Memphis comes to town.

Comment

Personally, I don't think this team has the talent it needs to be competitive.
        I think Wes and his staff see everything the fans are seeing but I don't think most of the players have the ability to perform the tasks needed to play at this level. Not everyone is teachable.
        A loss is a loss, so I'd rather see more of the playing time go to Reed, Skillings, Hensley & Tolentino and get some more experience for our future.
        I just haven't seen much reason to even play Ody, Ezikpe and unless he's really hot, JD.

Comment

Originally posted by bg703 View Post
          They rebounded about as well as any UC team has against Houston since Cronin left. Mika was great. Vik had a good 2nd half. Too many turnovers overall and the start to the second half was rough. Houston has a gear that UC, unfortunately, has no answer for at the moment. Need to try and put some wins together before Memphis comes to town.
          Houston has 2-3 elite players that can score almost at will, and the rest of the team is pretty darned good too.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Houston has 2-3 elite players that can score almost at will, and the rest of the team is pretty darned good too.
            Yeah, they have a few NBA level players. That was my overriding thought watching the game.

Comment

However, this is my excitement with the recruits coming in. Hensley was 4 star, Skillings and Reed are 4 star guys. Rayvon and Jizzle are 4 star guys. If Wes can get a big guy to compliment a very steady Viktor, asking for the moon to get Flory to reclassify, but someone along those lines.. the Bearcats could be really good really fast. Skillings and Reed have shown great promise. Hensley was much better before getting injured. The talent Wes is bringing in is better with each year. Missing on Collier isn't too bad with Raybon and Jizzle as consolation prizes, both are going to be great players.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

These guys seem to invent ways to lose games.

If you had told me before the game that Adams-Woods would go for 19, Lahkin would get 16, they would out rebound Houston by 6, get to the free throw line 10 more times than Houston, and hold Sasser to just below his season average, I would have thought UC would at least be in a close game or even pull out a win.

17 turnovers, including several lazy passes that resulted in easy run outs and dunks for Houston, is unforgivable. This is an experienced team and the talent is sufficient to win. Players like Lahkin, Nolley and Dejulius would either start or log significant minutes on just about any team on the country. The issue is execution and team play, or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Odd: Landers Nolley was 4/4 from three at the 8:43 mark in the first half and didn’t attempt another three (or score another point) the rest of the game. He played 30 minutes.
                  What's up with that! He was recruited to be the number 2 offensive threat behind DDJ. He just disappears too often, He must get some rebounds but I can't recall ever seeing him among the scrum trying to get 2nd chance pts. It shouldn't take a season and a half to teach guys how to play basic bball.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

What's up with that! He was recruited to be the number 2 offensive threat behind DDJ. He just disappears too often, He must get some rebounds but I can't recall ever seeing him among the scrum trying to get 2nd chance pts. It shouldn't take a season and a half to teach guys how to play basic bball.
                    Also noticing that he had 0 rebounds in 30 mins, one game after grabbing 11 rebounds in 30 mins. He definitely looked pretty assertive versus Wichita, so not sure what changed (besides the obvious challenges that Houston poses).

Comment

The inconsistency in performance across a variety of players is maddening. It’s like freaking whack-a-mole, strange performance both up & down. I’ve lost interest tbh. This team has some talent, yes, not enough, but I think this is mostly a
                      coaching issue.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X