This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Good call... I thought up until several years ago UC had a really, really good record at them. So shame on me for relying on Houston's history page which I now realize only shows the history from 2002 to present haha
    https://uhcougars.com/sports/mens-ba...cincinnati/226

Either way, it's been a tough run of late by UC against UH
    I think we started like 20-0 or 20-1 against them.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      The Cats' downfall in the first meeting was the accumulation of live ball turnovers. They can't repeat that. Throughout this season, turnovers have not been much of an issue for UC. They need to get back to that in the face of the Cougars' quickness and length.

Plus, battle them on the boards, just as they did at 5th/3rd, and hit some shots. No quick bombs that don't come out of the flow of the offense.

In both of the past two meetings with Houston, the Cougars didn't let David DeJulius run off of pick-and-rolls. When Vik or Ody would run up to set the pick, both DeJulius's defender and the pick defender jump him and force him back to midcourt. That blows up the play and takes DeJulius out of position. Look for them to do that once again. Wes needs to have a way to counter it.

Good call. I have that notice too. DeJulius needs to get the ball out of his hands sooner to avoid the double team.
      Last edited by leeraymond; 01-28-2023, 04:30 AM.

Comment

The pick and roll is the fix and DD has really started to use it in the last 10 games where his assists have blossomed. Problem is with Houston and their length, Davids size really comes into play and he can't get clean looks and passes to anybody. Houston must have had 10 deflections (a stat Mick used to chart) on DD and Nolley passes last game. These were the cause of the live ball turnovers mentioned. Houston is never huge but they always have 4-5 6'7" guys out there with 7 ft wing spans.

Comment

Scott Springer says Nolley is a game time decision. Didn’t realize he was hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Scott Springer says Nolley is a game time decision. Didn’t realize he was hurt?
            Neither did I. Didn't come up in media availability I don't think.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tip pushed back to 2:25 due to X of all things.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

although the x game will end before 2:15 but at least CBS tries to get full games on

Comment

Nolley starting. Damn, hope he’s 100%.

Comment

Well gunner comes in for Ody

Comment

who is this team

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even JD hits

Comment

Then Ody right back in for Vik

Comment

Kalu is in

Comment

Why did DDJ kick it out to Reed in the corner? He had the entire lane clean and no one around for a lay up!

Comment

Reed 2 in a r5ow the wrong way

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X