No announcement yet.

Tulsa 2/1 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put in the reserves - put in the 2 frosh who have not played tonight especially the big guy

Comment

didn't totally empty - hensley and the big guy

Comment

I guess Hensley has been sent a message

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          Barring an injury or major foul trouble, has Hensley played his last
          Is he dealing with an injury?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Is he dealing with an injury?
            I considered that, but no word from CWM. Also why not play the big frosh. They burned his red shirt. Is he considered for the future? Not working hard in practice?

Comment

Jeremiah Davenport had a great tonight. Thought I’d throw that out there because I didn’t see mention of him in this post.
              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I considered that, but no word from CWM. Also why not play the big frosh. They burned his red shirt. Is he considered for the future? Not working hard in practice?
                I have heard that UC probably will apply for a medical red shirt for Tolentino, if he's not forced into a game the rest of the way. He had a knee issue. I don't know if that will fly or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                  Jeremiah Davenport had a great tonight. Thought I’d throw that out there because I didn’t see mention of him in this post.
                  Checking the box, a strong offensive night from JD

Landers an off shooting night but pulled down 13 boards

22 assists and 6 turnovers for the team

Comment

After the Houston game there were a couple of posters who felt that I unduly criticized a fellow poster. I didn’t criticize anyone. I did question the basketball pedigree of a poster who has harshly criticized players in this forum. I’m empathetic towards players; however, I have been critical of players over the years.

I guess I’m protective of Jeremiah particularly. I played against his father in high school. I remember when Jeremiah was born. When Darrin Davenport died, I spent time around his family. Jeremiah stayed when Tom Izzo was blowing his phone up to come to Michigan State. He’s going to leave here a 1000 point scorer. He had a great game tonight. He’s accepted coming off the bench and has a great attitude. He works his but off and he loves the University of Cincinnati. There’s irony that someone doesn’t want to be criticized, but they criticize others.
                    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

He deserves credit when he plays well.

Comment

After the Houston game there were a couple of posters who felt that I unduly criticized a fellow poster. I didn’t criticize anyone. I did question the basketball pedigree of a poster who has harshly criticized players in this forum. I’m empathetic towards players; however, I have been critical of players over the years.

I guess I’m protective of Jeremiah particularly. I played against his father in high school. I remember when Jeremiah was born. When Darrin Davenport died, I spent time around his family. Jeremiah stayed when Tom Izzo was blowing his phone up to come to Michigan State. He’s going to leave here a 1000 point scorer. He had a great game tonight. He’s accepted coming off the bench and has a great attitude. He works his but off and he loves the University of Cincinnati. There’s irony that someone doesn’t want to be criticized, but they criticize others.
                        Young Bearcat fans (those of us under 40) have been spoiled by winning teams for the overwhelming majority of our time as fans of the basketball program.

The past few seasons have been frustrating, and no player has probably served as a bigger punching bag during that rough stretch than Davenport.

With that said, it's refreshing to see him grow into a new role. Since he started to come off the bench, he's been shooting about 35% from 3 and has been averaging 5.6 rebounds/game - both above his season averages. He's seemed to make strides on defense as well - especially in comparison to last season.

He's a very crucial component to this team's future success.

Comment

I would have liked to see him boxing out under the defensive boards. As Charles Barkley once said, and he knows BB(at least the networks think so), any knuclehead can score, but it takes a basketball player to rebound.

Comment

I think JD’s skills have been purely offensive until recently
                            CWM to his credit has him rebounding and playing better defense. Wow, he has turned into a more complete player and the team is playing better. This forum is for a bunch of armchair QB including myself with opinions. That’s what is great about being a Bearcat fan. I have been a fan since TayBaker. You don’t think it was tough during Badger, Tony Yates, not to mention Gale Catlett putting us on probation
                            it took both Huggs and Mick a few seasons to turn it around
                            CWM is winning and has program moving fwd. Go Cats!

Comment

UC moved up several spots in KenPom to 59 and they are up three spots to 76 in the NET.

They finished last year 101 in KenPom and I think 96 in NET.

So while they haven't recorded a signature win, this program is taking a step forward. Finish the season strong and put themselves in a position for at worst an NIT bid.

Comment

I guess Hensley has been sent a message
                                8th straight DNP for Hensley since logging a few mins versus Temple on January 1.

He averaged 13.5 minutes per game in a 4-game stretch between November 30 and December 14. He then averaged 4.5 minutes over the next four games (through Temple) and hasn't seen the court since.

On the flipside, Kalu Ezikpe just logged 11 mins last night (highest total since the NKU game) and has earned some PT the past several games as well.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X