No announcement yet.

American Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fat lady has done sung. Turn out the lights when you leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

just stop that ridiculousness. Houston’s roster is mostly 3-star guys, including Sasser who was #399 ranked in his class.

Nolley - 4 star/#67 composite
      DDJ - 4 star/#107
      Skillings - 4 star/#105
      Hensley - 4 star/#125
      Lahkin - #123
      Ody started 2 years in ACC
      Stoo acting like they don’t have talent.

btw…go look at that Xavier roster. Similar to Houston…hardly any 4-stars, but through coaching and effort they are a great team!!
      You're ranking has nothing to do with Basketball Skills... UC has had a ton of 3 Star Players over the last 30yrs who had more TALENT than the above 4 star players you mentioned....

What was Kenyon Martin's ranking coming into UC..? And you're telling all of us Kenyon was not more skilled than the above mentioned... Thats Ridiculous!

Comment

• What is the deal w Hensley??? He is obviously not staying. Why did he come? Why did Wes bring him. That is what is so frustrating.

Comment

just stop that ridiculousness. Houston’s roster is mostly 3-star guys, including Sasser who was #399 ranked in his class.

Nolley - 4 star/#67 composite
          DDJ - 4 star/#107
          Skillings - 4 star/#105
          Hensley - 4 star/#125
          Lahkin - #123
          Ody started 2 years in ACC
          Stoo acting like they don’t have talent.

btw…go look at that Xavier roster. Similar to Houston…hardly any 4-stars, but through coaching and effort they are a great team!!
          Those are recruit rankings. This game was men against boys. As Terry Nelson said, we suffered from a mismatch at all 5 positions. I would have played both Reed and Skillings a lot more this year, and they’d both be better now. Reed has the body to compete in a physical game like this. Instead we played low ceiling guys with more experience. Now it’s time for a hard look at the roster.

Comment

We are playing a team who lost their best player and conference POY, and we are still down 20. Just pathetic.

I don’t know what’s worse…Wes’s continued lack of a game plan, or the pathetic play of those seniors. This has got to be the softest/laziest/dumbest Bearcat team ever.
            a team that's really good without there best player...someone said snakebit and that's correct

no one game plans to miss open shots and get killed on the boards

what should the game plan have been?

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
              What is the deal w Hensley??? He is obviously not staying. Why did he come? Why did Wes bring him. That is what is so frustrating.
              Wes took over a roster with no players, he was desperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                What is the deal w Hensley??? He is obviously not staying. Why did he come? Why did Wes bring him. That is what is so frustrating.

Maybe Wes decided Hensley couldn't contribute or compete at this level.. I had high hopes for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Those are recruit rankings. This game was men against boys. As Terry Nelson said, we suffered from a mismatch at all 5 positions. I would have played both Reed and Skillings a lot more this year, and they’d both be better now. Reed has the body to compete in a physical game like this. Instead we played low ceiling guys with more experience. Now it’s time for a hard look at the roster.

I totally agree... Rankings look great coming out of High School.... But it was a mismatch at every position... The talent is just not there..And I SMH why Reed was not given a shot to play more . Especially looking at today's performance.

Comment

• UC was never going to win this game. Houston has lost 2 games all season. They are truly excellent. UC’s best players were outmatched by even Houston’s subs. Houston was better in every facet of the game. There is nothing coaching could have done to overcome that. UC did compete at times but could not sustain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I remember a team a few years back that use to play the same way..
                      Agree, as well as with London Cat. They were over matched and played like they knew it. Didn’t appear to me they dug in and competed. Also, 2nd half appeared to be officiated differently than the 1st, from the bit I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Don’t disagree but don’t think it will happen.

Comment

• Glad my son in law told me it was a blowout so I didn't watch. You can coach hustle by seating folks on the bench.

Comment

• If Miller has a good handle on who's leaving and who's staying. Who he's going to ask to remain and who he's not then if and when the invite to the NIT comes then play the ones who are remaining. Let them get some needed playing together and developing time. Let's waste no more time on those who are moving on and reward those that are returning the playing time.

Comment

• Well, scoring 48 points is not going to win games for you. Also, only making 50-percent of your free throws will not win games not to mention missing the first end of a 1 and 1. We could have kept the 1st half close if we made the free throws. I feel badly for David for not having a good game. He has been very good for UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                                If Miller has a good handle on who's leaving and who's staying. Who he's going to ask to remain and who he's not then if and when the invite to the NIT comes then play the ones who are remaining. Let them get some needed playing together and developing time. Let's waste no more time on those who are moving on and reward those that are returning the playing time.
                                I understand the philosophy behind that, but this team isn’t going anywhere in the NIT either. Play whomever for the one or two games they will be in the tournament.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X