Southern Methodist 3/5 2:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Methodist 3/5 2:00 ESPN+

Next to last shot at 20 wins for the Bearcats. Unless we're a headcase or rusty after a whole week off, we should bring this one home. The only reason SMU is not in last place is because Tulsa is horrid this year. The Mustangs will most likely complete the regular season at 10-20. That's good for 10th in the conference.

Contain the guards and you're good to go.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2567
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

If anyone needs tickets to this one for Senior NIght, let me know. I have a pair available.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

David DeJulius, Kalu Ezkipe, and Rob Phinisee will participate in Senior Day festivities -- the other seniors that have a remaining year of eligibility (including John Newman, likely seeking a medical redshirt) will not

Also UC has lost 2 straight Senior Day/Night games and 3 of the last 4 -- the last winner being the win over Temple on Trevon Scott's tip-in in 2021
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-01-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        If anyone needs tickets to this one for Senior NIght, let me know. I have a pair available.
        Brent, I'd like to buy your tickets. Please DM me. Randy

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          David DeJulius, Kalu Ezkipe, and Rob Phinisee will participate in Senior Day festivities -- the other seniors that have a remaining year of eligibility (including John Newman, likely seeking a medical redshirt) will not

Also UC has lost 2 straight Senior Day/Night games and 3 of the last 4 -- the last winner being the win over Temple on Trevon Scott's tip-in in 2021
          For those attending, Senior Day stuff starts around 1:35 ... and fans encouraged to wear red

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqKXfGIWAAECT9e?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

You can read a lot into that plus the statement that Wes Miller made at Tuesday's press conference that he wants everybody back and will have meetings with all the players at the end of the year.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You can read a lot into that plus the statement that Wes Miller made at Tuesday's press conference that he wants everybody back and will have meetings with all the players at the end of the year.
              Big XII next year.

Comment

Got to have a full roster and replace DDJ’s scoring somewhere.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Guess hoping for a Kyle Washington level transfer is too much to hope for.

Comment

Before UC begins to think about the BIG 12, they need to think about SMU. There are a few teams in the American this year that are better than their records, if that makes any sense. Wichita State, Temple, and SMU are teams whose win/loss records are not that impressive, but they can beat you on any given night if you do not play them hard. I hope that UC does NOT take SMU for granted. SMU beat Utah State this season at a neutral site. Based on the season stats, UC should win this one. However, with UC, you never know what is going to happen.

What do you all think about this one. When Lakhin went out hurt, Kalu/Oguama over two games went 41 points scored and 22 rebounds. Over the two games since Lakhin has been back in the line-up, Oguama/Lakhin went 34 points and 23 rebounds. I know that two games is NOT large enough of a sample size, however coaches should seek advantage whenever they find it. After Lakhin returned, what if Miller would have started Kalu and Oguama and brought Lakhin and Davenport off the bench?
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 03-06-2023, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Got to have a full roster and replace DDJ’s scoring somewhere.
                      The three recruits, JJ / RG / and DT will assume the three leaving seniors schollies so that gives us a full roster. We have no room for a Kyle Washington type portal unless my math is incorrect.

Plus our luck in obtaining portal players in bball has not been as productive as we had hoped. For whatever reason it is just what it is!
                      Last edited by Rufus; 03-04-2023, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

The three recruits, JJ / RG / and DT will assume the three leaving seniors schollies so that gives us a full roster. We have no room for a Kyle Washington type portal unless my math is incorrect.

Plus our luck in obtaining portal players in bball has not been as productive as we had hoped. For whatever reason it is just what it is!
                        You're correct but you're assuming no one additional leaves. That very well might happen. You have Newman, MAW and Davenport that are not doing Senior Day tomorrow. That signals to me they're going to take their extra year but it doesn't necessarily have to be at UC.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You're correct but you're assuming no one additional leaves. That very well might happen. You have Newman, MAW and Davenport that are not doing Senior Day tomorrow. That signals to me they're going to take their extra year but it doesn't necessarily have to be at UC.
                          At this point, I can't see either MAW or JD leaving on their own unless they were told their playing time will be greatly shortened next year.

Comment

Agree. JD still would stay. MAW would probably bolt. Newman's a coin flip. At any rate the uncertainty of it dictates that the "Kyle Washington" looked for is already in house in Vik and Tolentino. So here's hoping that Sage can be developed into a 5 and Vik into a power 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              Agree. JD still would stay. MAW would probably bolt. Newman's a coin flip. At any rate the uncertainty of it dictates that the "Kyle Washington" looked for is already in house in Vik and Tolentino. So here's hoping that Sage can be developed into a 5 and Vik into a power 4.
                              That is the ideal scenario. Sage needs a really strong summer, and another season of monster factory. If he can compete at the Big XII level, that solves a lot of our needs.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X