NCAA Tourney Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The trey that Gonzaga hit was an absolute bomb from almost 30 feet. It came out of a set play in which the Zags' ballhandler flipped it back, flea-flicker style to the trailing shooter from inside the large center logo.
    Very similar to Kris Jenkins' buzzer beater for Villanova in 2016, but this one was a little more straight on and UCLA had less defensive pressure on Strawther than UNC put on Jenkins

Comment

While watching the KSU - MSU game with my wife, I must have said to her 10 different times "If the forum guys were MSU fans, they would be bitching up a storm right now". Lazy passes, allowed the backdoor too many times, didn't get the rebound, missed assignments, etc..... So, I wondered if it was Izzo or the players fault?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        While watching the KSU - MSU game with my wife, I must have said to her 10 different times "If the forum guys were MSU fans, they would be bitching up a storm right now". Lazy passes, allowed the backdoor too many times, didn't get the rebound, missed assignments, etc..... So, I wondered if it was Izzo or the players fault?
        Well said, Bret. Izzo probably needs to be fired.
        ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post

Well said, Bret. Izzo probably needs to be fired.
          Is that how Izzo’s team regularly play? The answer is no.

is that how Wes Miller’s teams always play? The answer is yes.

Comment

The ignore list really comes in handy on here.

Comment

Houston down 17 under 10 minutes to go. Looks like the game where Memphis blew them out in the AAC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                The ignore list really comes in handy on here.
                Or you could have rational debate in a public forum. If someone says something you disagree with, prove your point.

Comment

If you have not figured out my personality, I am full of sarcasm. I am sorry that it offended any of you. On another note, I dislike all things UT but in this case, they are up 34-21 against X and I am loving it.

PS, I grew up outside of East Lansing and was born and raised to be a Sparty fan so the loss was hard. I remember roaming the MSU campus looking for Magic because there were rumors that he was playing in a pick-up game. I also remember sitting in the MSU president's seats wearing my UC gear with my wife when Huggs and our team was there playing hard. My cousin was in charge of the MSU president's security and she got me the seats because he was out of town. It took a long time for her to talk to me again. lol.
                  Last edited by bearcatbret; 03-24-2023, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Half: TX 42, XU 25. The Longhorns hit a 40-footer (banked) at the horn.

Comment

Listening to Clark Kellogg, Barkley and Kenny Smith, they each are bragging up UConn. How did UConn rise up out of almost complete obscurity and become so relevant in such a short time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Listening to Clark Kellogg, Barkley and Kenny Smith, they each are bragging up UConn. How did UConn rise up out of almost complete obscurity and become so relevant in such a short time?
                        I think that their players stole a bunch of computers out of the university labs and sold them for NIL money. lol. (sarcasm)

Comment

You have to give X credit, they never quit but they never really got back into the game. Final 71-83 which was the closest that the game was since the first half. X got what they paid for with hiring Miller, a trip to the Sweet 16 which I am sure they will get back again. This begs to question, do you want UC to hire a questionable person of a coach versus a nice guy as a coach? Do you want to hire someone who has been fired for cheating (R. Pitino, S. Miller, C. Mack, others) that have been winners? I am as tired as the rest of you for our lack of quality wins. Where do we go? Will be in the Big 12 be enough to start bringing in quality players versus potential players?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            You have to give X credit, they never quit but they never really got back into the game. Final 71-83 which was the closest that the game was since the first half. X got what they paid for with hiring Miller, a trip to the Sweet 16 which I am sure they will get back again. This begs to question, do you want UC to hire a questionable person of a coach versus a nice guy as a coach? Do you want to hire someone who has been fired for cheating (R. Pitino, S. Miller, C. Mack, others) that have been winners? I am as tired as the rest of you for our lack of quality wins. Where do we go? Will be in the Big 12 be enough to start bringing in quality players versus potential players?
                            Seems there are no rules anymore. You could have had Kelvin Sampson vs Sean Miller, two epic cheats and nobody would care. Personally, I don’t want any coach with a scandal hanging over his head, we once were in that boat and it stunk. Every year we had to dread the off-season wondering if anybody would embarrass us, or get arrested. I’ll give Nancy Zimpher credit where due, she cleaned things up and we’ve been clean ever since. I’m happy with CWM, and if it’s possible to win cleanly he’s the guy, though I’m not sure what counts as clean these days.

Comment

If you missed it, KSU fell to FAU. FAU is now 35-3 just unbelievable.

Comment

Via @ESPNStatsInfo: UConn's 28-point margin of victory is the biggest in an Elite Eight game since Cincinnati beat Memphis by 31 back in 1992

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X