No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to still know how UConn became so relevant and successful so quickly when mired in so much obscurity not so long ago. Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Would like to still know how UConn became so relevant and successful so quickly when mired in so much obscurity not so long ago. Unbelievable!
      Based on how they did it with Calhoun, probably cheating, knowing they’ll get away with it.

Comment

Easy. They left the horrible AAC and joined a conference that's top 3 for CBB. I don't think people understand how little the AAC does for its members. They've been hideous in the way they treated UC as a founding member and I can't wait to be out of there. You can't recruit to a conference like the AAC and it's simple to recruit for the BigEast with the history and Madison Square Garden as your backdrop.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Based on how they did it with Calhoun, probably cheating, knowing they’ll get away with it.
          Or maybe the East coast Hurley legends had a little to do with it. UConn in the final four is the least surprising part of this tournament. I've been watching since Oscar and a word has not been created yet to describe this year. Even the commercials are odd (but mostly funny).

Comment

Also remember that Miami was the only school that did not lose a player to the portal and they also gained another player through NIL of close to a million. Not surprising how things turn out. There are no more rules about cheating and it is apparently acceptable to pay your players so you will start seeing new teams in the final 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post

Frustration has been discussed on here much longer than just the past two years.
              Message Boards exist to air grievances. Lol
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Who has a Final 4 team left in their bracket?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I watched a fair amount on Thursday-Saturday, didn't see much Sunday.

But there seemed to be a fair amount of discussion/debate/complaining on Twitter about college basketball only having five fouls. I believe Johnson from Kansas State and Timme from Gonzaga both got in foul trouble and that impacted the game. Not sure if this factored into yesterday's games at all.

Without knowing if they got whistled for any bad or questionable foul calls, my general thought.... so, don't foul? This isn't a new rule. If a star player is in foul trouble, that stinks, but that's just how it is.

People calling for six fouls like the NBA. Well, the NBA plays 48 mins. 6 fouls for 48 minutes = 1/8.... 5 fouls for 40 minutes in college = 1/8.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                    Also remember that Miami was the only school that did not lose a player to the portal and they also gained another player through NIL of close to a million. Not surprising how things turn out. There are no more rules about cheating and it is apparently acceptable to pay your players so you will start seeing new teams in the final 4.
                    I read Charles Barkley's take on NIL collectives and for once am in full agreement with him. These collectives are par for the course today, but I believe they should be banned. I personally believe players should get a booking agent who is vetted by NCAA to handle NIL deals. Yeah, some schools will still funnel more through the agents to get more NIL opportunities for their players, but it has to be a true endorsement deal promoting a product. In the end, I think some players simply have star power to sell products and some do not. Paying a group of offensive linemen $50,000 to wear XYZ company patch on game uniforms is not how I envision a true NIL deal. Let the agents handle it so they are truly NIL, and not pay-for-play. The university and booster organaizations should have zero to do with it. Also, over time, you will see the value of NIL deals drop for most players as companies will only want to pay the most influential players. end of rant
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Who has a Final 4 team left in their bracket?
                      I had UCONN losing in the final game but I'm gonna lose to a guy who had UCONN and Miami in his final four.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I read Charles Barkley's take on NIL collectives and for once am in full agreement with him. These collectives are par for the course today, but I believe they should be banned. I personally believe players should get a booking agent who is vetted by NCAA to handle NIL deals. Yeah, some schools will still funnel more through the agents to get more NIL opportunities for their players, but it has to be a true endorsement deal promoting a product. In the end, I think some players simply have star power to sell products and some do not. Paying a group of offensive linemen $50,000 to wear XYZ company patch on game uniforms is not how I envision a true NIL deal. Let the agents handle it so they are truly NIL, and not pay-for-play. The university and booster organaizations should have zero to do with it. Also, over time, you will see the value of NIL deals drop for most players as companies will only want to pay the most influential players. end of rant
                        While not perfect this certainly makes more sense than most!!

Comment

If there is a way to exploit the system the crooked are going to find a way to do so. There is no length the repeat offenders will stoop in their quest to be champions I hope and pray that Miami or UConn doesn't win this thing.

Comment

Just watch where the foreign players go. Since they're not eligible for NIL, this will be a great cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post

I had UCONN losing in the final game but I'm gonna lose to a guy who had UCONN and Miami in his final four.
                              Better than I did. I did three brackets and the one I had money on had Texas to win it all so I'm done already.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Credit to Wes Miller for FAU making the Final Four...

When Roberts was an assistant under Wes Miller at UNC-Greensboro, the Spartans ran an effective press that helped turn them into one of the country’s most-successful mid-major teams in the late 2010s.

May called Roberts once, wanting to pick his brain about how the Spartans’ staff taught that press, and why it worked.

Roberts shared both his thoughts and some practice film, and in exchange quizzed his friend on the latest offensive concepts May had been absorbing. May, Roberts knew, would have been watching everything from college, to NBA, to European basketball, for fresh ideas.

“He’s always trying to evolve,” said Roberts, now an assistant at Cincinnati.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...s/70064384007/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X