No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for kicks here's the Newbies for next season. Texas and Oklahoma get replaced by this:

#3 Arizona
    #24 Colorado
    #34 Utah
    #105 Arizona St.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

As of today, and this will obviously change somewhat by the time we head to Provo, Here's the conference:

#1 Houston
      #5 BYU
      #11 Iowa St
      #12 Kansas
      #13 Baylor
      #18 Oklahoma
      #32 TCU
      #33 Texas
      #37 Cincinnati
      #42 Texas Tech
      #67 Kansas State
      #74 UCF
      #90 Oklahoma St.
      #131 West Virginia

If you follow the Non Conference schedule trend, there's a lot of Ls in here.

The bright side is we have a a lot of opportunities to move up in Kenpom and in the NET rankings on strength of schedule. That's the kind of thing that landed WVU in the NCAAs last year despite a bad conference record.
      This is truly the bright side. Win half these games and you are in the hunt for a tourney bid. I welcome the opportunity to see every week whether we are competitive or not and an accurate barometer on both players and coaching. I can't wait to see.

Comment

• X lost by 15 to Pitino’s St John’s squad

UC game will be good for X’s NIT resume
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-20-2023, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          X lost by 15 to Pitino’s St John’s squad

UC game will be good for X’s NIT resume
          Eggs always plays out of their minds against UC, it would be nice if just once UC matches that intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post

This is truly the bright side. Win half these games and you are in the hunt for a tourney bid. I welcome the opportunity to see every week whether we are competitive or not and an accurate barometer on both players and coaching. I can't wait to see.
            However, while in the American for the past few years, UC could not come close to winning against Houston and then throw in Memphis and a couple other teams. The Big 12 is going to be tough to navigate unless the coaches and players figure a few things out.

Comment

• Florida Gulf Coast upset No. 7 FAU

Comment

• Anyone else feel like 2 wins out of our 1st 6 conference games is a "good start"?

Comment

• Maybe it's the homer in me. Or perhaps I am jaded by the fantastic recruiting Miller has done of late that I am overestimating the talent that we now possess, but yet still conflicted by flashbacks of all the underwhelming performances we've gotten out of our transfer portal additions, but here goes, is there anyone holding onto the hope that Miller has actually held back on what this year's team has put on tape during the OOC portion of the schedule in order to surprise the B12? Or have we actually seen the best version of this year's team as it is at the momen in the second half against Evansville. If the latter is the real situation then I think we'll be lucky just to get 2 wins in Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                    Anyone else feel like 2 wins out of our 1st 6 conference games is a "good start"?
                    I think those two wins would go a long way for the resume, so long as they do not continue the trend and finish 6-12. Those would be Quad 1 or Quad 2 wins, and UC can sure* use some quality wins.
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-03-2024, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I think those two wins would go a long way for the resume, so long as they do not continue the trend and finish 6-12. Those would be Quad 1 or Quad 2 wins, and UC can share use some quality wins.
                      Might need one more. WVU went 7-11 in conference last season for .389 and made the NCAAs
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Maybe it's the homer in me. Or perhaps I am jaded by the fantastic recruiting Miller has done of late that I am overestimating the talent that we now possess, but yet still conflicted by flashbacks of all the underwhelming performances we've gotten out of our transfer portal additions, but here goes, is there anyone holding onto the hope that Miller has actually held back on what this year's team has put on tape during the OOC portion of the schedule in order to surprise the B12? Or have we actually seen the best version of this year's team as it is at the momen in the second half against Evansville. If the latter is the real situation then I think we'll be lucky just to get 2 wins in Jan.
                        He may have held back in some of the cupcake games. However, I think that the team showed us what they have against X and Dayton. You never hold back with a threat of a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Might need one more. WVU went 7-11 in conference last season for .389 and made the NCAAs
                          They also finished with 12 Q1/Q2 wins which means they grabbed a handful OOC - unlike us this year.

I think we have to finish 9-9 at minimum in the Big 12 and probably will need a win or two in KC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X