Detroit Mercy 11/10 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Mercy 11/10 7:00 ESPN+

Detroit Mercy got destroyed by Toledo last night 94-60. The Titans no longer have a big scorer like in past years. It's bit too early to get into statistical analysis but you have a couple obvious scorers at the guard position to watch out for (link below) The Titan's roster is extremely international with 5 foreign players but I'm not sure what that translates to in style of play for them, if anything.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2174
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Hakeem Olajuwon's son
    https://detroittitans.com/sports/men...-olajuwon/6412

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Is it? I saw that name on the roster and kind of blew it off
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Is it? I saw that name on the roster and kind of blew it off
        Yes, click the link :-)
        • Son of Dalia and Hakeem Olajuwon
        • His dad, Hakeem Olajuwon, played 18 years in the NBA, winning two championships with the Houston Rockets in 1994 and 1995 before being inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2008 and the FIBA Hall of Fame in 2016

Comment

This game is now sponsored by Allegiant Air https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/11/...ekend-mte.aspx

Comment

I forgot to mention this is an MTE game. I have no idea how many tickets they've sold for this but chances are there's still seats if you're looking for something to do Friday night.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              I forgot to mention this is an MTE game. I have no idea how many tickets they've sold for this but chances are there's still seats if you're looking for something to do Friday night.
              I checked UC's website and there are about 100 tickets left for Friday night, all downstairs. UC is not trying to sell any seats in the upper level. I imagine they will cordon off the upper deck, as they did for the NIT game with VA Tech last season.

There remain about 500 seats left for Sunday afternoon against EWU.

Comment

The UDM fan base is, to say the least, pessimistic about their season. One guy posted a contest to pick the largest and smallest margins of loss during the upcoming 0-31 season.

The Titans' website recap of their 94-60 loss at Toledo Monday night included a typo that might be indicative of where they're headed: "Later on, a layup by Tankersley and a drunk from Jankovic ..."

The early KenPom ranking has UDM as #308 nationally, with a dreadful #352 in defensive efficiency. There's no betting line on this yet, although KenPom has the Cats as about a four TD favorite.

Comment

Reminds me of Bob Uecker in Major League.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Completely forgot that Mike Davis is the coach at DM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN is showing UC as a 24.5 point favorite

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance- What is an MTE game ?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
                          Sorry for my ignorance- What is an MTE game ?
                          Thanks
                          Multi Team Event. Neutral site Holiday tournaments fall into this category like Maui last year. We're hosting one rather than traveling this season.

How many of you remember the Delta Bearcat Classic where we had Sam Houston and NW Missouri come in every year plus a 4th?
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

event is about to start --- groovy -- looking to our new point guards

Comment

can anyone pause this espn plus broadcast. usually I can, but I wonder if it is across the network

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X