No announcement yet.

Northern Kentucky 11/19 2:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm liking me some Day Day! But am concerned about Griffith as well. I sure hope CWM knows what he's doing by holding him.
    Last edited by Rufus; 11-19-2023, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Given that Aziz and Jamile aren't allowed to play, I'm surprised we haven't seen more Sage in this season.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Coach indicated Sage has an injury... did not indicate what it is.

Comment

Good all-around game for the cats. Skillings Jr. Scores 25, Leads Cincinnati Past NKU - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

I thought this would end up being closer than it was the way the first half went.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Very little discussion here...
              Some notes from UC:
              - Day Day has scored in double figures in four straight games
              - UC is 7-0 when Dan scores in double figures
              - Vik had his 10th double-double and his 14 rebounds were one shy of his career high
              - UC had 20+ assists for the second time this year

Some box score observations:
              - Vik 14 points, 14 rebounds (six offensive) and also 3 assists with 0 turnovers
              - Ody played just 14 minutes and had a quiet 4 and 3
              - Day Day scored 20 on 8/11 from the floor (2/5 three) and 2/2 FT in just 24 minutes
              - CJ played 24.5 minutes and was just 1/6 including 1/3 from three
              - JN3 less eye-popping #s but a very stolid 9 points, 3 rebounds, 3 steals and a block
              - Dan played 28 minutes and scored 25 on 8/12 (3/5 three) and 6/8 FT plus 9 rebounds (six offensive) and 2 blocks
              - Simas a very solid 7 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists and no turnovers in 28 minutes
              - Jizzle wasn't efficient, scoring 4 points on 2/10 FG but did have a solid 4 assists and just one turnover
              - Josh played 7 minutes and did not fill up the stat sheet much but did hit his only three
              - CJ Anthony posted a "trillion" in just over a minute
              - No Rayvon
              - UC 10/27 from three, 10/13 FG, outrebounded NKU 45-30, had 21 assists on 35 made baskets, only 8 turnovers, and outscored NKU by 10 in the second half after building a 14-point cushion at the break

UC is up to #47 in KenPom, which I have to imagine is one of their highest positions in the Wes Miller era

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                I'm liking me some Day Day! But am concerned about Griffith as well. I sure hope CWM knows what he's doing by holding him.
                I thought Day Day's two turnovers in the first 2.6 minutes is a concern as well as some defense. I like the offense, but I would like to see a complete player.

Comment

You make a good point Leo but considering he's adjusting to a new level of competition and he's also probably concerned with Jizzle competing with pt who also looks good, it's just refreshing to see that he's making mistakes being assertive and not passive which tells me everything will eventually transition out. When everyone gets acclimated with CWM's rotation, which won't be until the the conference tournaments as the NCAA is moving at a snails pace, I think things shape up pretty good. I will say I am concerned with our physicality as it is without our two transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                    Been hearing Griffith needs to work harder or redshirt. I am not sure if that is in practice, the weightroom, or hit the books. Wes isn't one to hold freshmen back just to hold them back. Both Reed and SKillings played a lot last year, and Jizzle is playing a lot now. Maybe Rayvon is just buried in the rotation.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Been hearing Griffith needs to work harder or redshirt. I am not sure if that is in practice, the weightroom, or hit the books. Wes isn't one to hold freshmen back just to hold them back. Both Reed and SKillings played a lot last year, and Jizzle is playing a lot now. Maybe Rayvon is just buried in the rotation.
                      This is correct and it's practice from what I understand. Rayvon would be wise to redshirt even though he's a highly rated recruit. I have to admit I really don't like that but the 3 spot is the deepest position on the team. I don't think Wes intentionally caused that but between grads and transfers and COVID years, there's a logjam.

Wes said himself that Rayvon is going through some things that young players go through. Wes stated that Rayvon will be a very good player down the road.

Just guessing here but I don't think Rayvon was held to account in high school because he was the best player on the team and didn't have to work at it at that level.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The small forward position won't be any less crowded next year. In addition to Josh Reed, Simas Lukosius, and Rayvon, Tyler Betsey will arrive with his apparent talents.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X