Xavier 12/9 6:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
    X could very well lose this game. Blue Hens up by 10 with under 8 minutes to play. I remember we played Delaware in the NCAA tournament in 1992 on our way to the final four.
    Yes! I remember the saying about Delaware in '92: "First to ratify. Last to qualify."

I also remember that we played them in Dayton. There was no First Four then, that was just the site.

That was also the game where...was it AD Jackson?...looked like he was throwing an alley-oop and it went in!

Then for the second round: Michigan State, where we got to heal some wounds from back-to-back regular season losses, both after building 18-point leads. ...We only got up by 14 in the tournament, and won!

Comment

The team only needs to focus on preparation and not the record of the opponent.

Comment

didnt watch, looks like x lost cuz of turnovers, they shot really well

Comment

One thing that I noticed is that there are not many high-ranked teams in the Big East at this moment. There may not be many high-quality wins left on X schedule. They may be looking at UC for one of those quality wins. Our guys need to be prepared.

Comment

Current KenPom #s

Cincinnati - 28 overall (32nd adjusted offensive efficiency, 28th adjusted defensive efficiency)
            Xavier - 49 overall (78th adjusted offensive efficiency, 33rd adjusted defensive efficiency)

Comment

With the Delaware loss last night, Xavier has now loss three (3) straight home games. I cannot remember a Xavier team that has that many consecutive home losses. Could it be that last night's game was a TRAP GAME for X? At any rate, the win/loss records rarely mean anything with the UC / X game. I remember UC went into that game one year as the number one ranked team in the country and Xavier gave UC an as&^% whupping. In fact, UC has had more than one ranked team going into the X game and lost. This is the first UC team in about five (5) years (since Cronin's last year) that I thought has a chance to beat X. If you look at the stats on the season, UC most definitely has the more compelling statistics for a win. However, this is the Crosstown Shootout. As we all know, anything can happen in this game. This will be Miller's third go around for this game. I am sure he wants to win this game badly. Will this be the year that he wins one of these mother f%*#s? We will see.
              Last edited by leeraymond; 12-06-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike800Run View Post

Yes! I remember the saying about Delaware in '92: "First to ratify. Last to qualify."

I also remember that we played them in Dayton. There was no First Four then, that was just the site.

That was also the game where...was it AD Jackson?...looked like he was throwing an alley-oop and it went in!

Then for the second round: Michigan State, where we got to heal some wounds from back-to-back regular season losses, both after building 18-point leads. ...We only got up by 14 in the tournament, and won!
                Spencer Dunkley from Delaware says Hi. I was at these games. I'm trying to remember the AD Jackson play and my memory is fuzzy on it.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  One thing that I noticed is that there are not many high-ranked teams in the Big East at this moment. There may not be many high-quality wins left on X schedule. They may be looking at UC for one of those quality wins. Our guys need to be prepared.
                  Big East is taking its lumos:

BIG 12 > BIG EAST
                  Houston 66 @Xavier 60
                  @Kansas 69 Connecticut 65
                  Iowa St. 99 @ DePaul 80
                  Texas Christian 84 @Georgetown 83
                  @Oklahoma 72 Providence 51
                  @Kansas St. 72 Villanova 71 (OT)
                  @Baylor 78 Seton Hall 60
                  ------------------------------------
                  Creighton 79 @Oklahoma St. 65
                  @Butler 103 Texas Tech 95 (OT)
                  St. John's 79 @West Virginia 73
                  Texas at Marquette, 7:00 CT Wednesday, FS1

Comment

Some history as reported by X:
                    Complete Crosstown Shootout Guide - Athletics | Xavier University

Comment

Joint preview from the UC and XU beat writers over at Cincinnati.com https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...r/71806689007/

Comment

Per Xavier's site -- Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Matt Schumacker and analysis from Nick Bahe.

Who?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Per Xavier's site -- Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Matt Schumacker and analysis from Nick Bahe.

Who?
                          Schumacker apparently just moved from ESPN to FS1. He announced some FBS football games via ESPN+ this season.

Bahe was a guard at Creighton and Kansas.

Comment

I've seen the Eggmen play four times. They've been Jekyll and Hyde. Their two best performances show what the Muskies are capable of when they had leads over both Purdue and Houston. While those two teams eventually came out on top, XU gave them (#2 and #1, respectively, in KenPom) fits.

They seem to play to the levels of competition. I expect them to rebound from their Delaware egg-laying and play with high intensity, as they did in each of the two bigtime games.

The Cats' regulars have more experience in the Shootout, as only Claude was significantly involved last year at 5th/3rd. I expect John Newman to be on him, unless Fredrick can't handle Olivari, who is closer to C.J.'s size.

The Bearcats are long overdue to come away victorious at Cintas. They must avoid the horrendous starts that they've had in this series recently. Last year they were down 13-1 before they could blink. Also, aside from Olivari, the Eggs don't shoot well from outside. Hopefully, McKnight (or someone else) doesn't turn into Dee Davis, who laid bricks all early season before shooting the eyes out of the basket at Riverfront/Crowne/Name-Your-Bank Dump.

Picking with my heart: Cats, 71-65.

Comment

Wes chatted with local media for a few mins tonight at the annual Skyline event https://youtu.be/ySNPp4QG3cc?si=x6XD2mQYtPgV99RS

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                                Wow!! This is really good information. Hats off to you for finding this.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X