No announcement yet.

Bryant 12/12 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This team so far can't handle adversity. They are not ready to play tonight. It is time to quit whining/moping and play basketball.

Comment

Terry is a Bearcat - he sees excrement and he calls it. He is instructive and not critical - usually

Comment

For those who remember about a decade ago, one word. Presbyterian.

Comment

Bryant seems to be worn down - lack of depth - time to pour it on

Comment

Get Vik out of there. No footwork, no blockouts, just relying on his height.

Comment

Bryant gets back so fast on defense because they don’t even try for offensive rebounds. Shot goes up they’re all running the other way. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that to this extreme.

Comment

Bryant is on self-destruct !

Comment

best part of winning one is the chance to win two in a row

Comment

Let's be frank. Our athletes simply wore Bryant down in the 2nd half. Playing half a game in the future against good teams is not going to get it done. It was good to see Aziz affect the game like he did against us in the NIT last year. You can see the potential of this team but they have to avoid the mental lapses and sloppy play to go anywhere this year.

Comment

I hate to be a debbie downer but CWM is always saying the goal is to get better. Everyday's focus in practice is to get better. He said it. And on more than one occasion. Well I'm just not seeing it. After three years now with His recruits, I'm watching the very same "team" as the one he inherited from Brannen. The names have changed but the scheme, pace, output, and most importantly the on the floor tenacity all remains the same. I've never seen a bball squad so disinterested and showing such lack of emotion and bball orchestration as these last three rosters. And don't even get me started on his portal additions. With their former teams they all have high praise, awards, lead their respective leagues in some category or that, were even highly recruited out of high school and have had successes in their careers, but as soon as they put on the UC uniform it's like they've been given card blanc to just take up court space and minutes in the rotation or just disappear altogether. See Kalu Ezikpe and Landers Nolley last year. See Abdul Ado and Hayden Koval the year before. I may be still venting from Saturday's humiliating a$$ spanking but still I'm not seeing any significant improvements. I still see no real offensive scheme other than bring the ball up and shoot. In the last three years watching Wes Miller I have yet to see him draw up a play on the clipboard in a timeout or huddle. And so I predict more spankings are coming when conference play begins.

Comment

Good finish, big game on Saturday

Comment

Despite the overall negativity surrounding the program (which is quite common all over the country on message boards), the Cats have indeed improved year-over-year. Using KenPom as one measuring stick, here are UC's rankings over the past 3+ years:

2020-21: 116 (Brannen)
                          2021-22: 101 (Miller)
                          2022-23: 50 (Miller)
                          2023-24: 26 (Miller)

Comment

It’s been mentioned by a couple already, but as Terry mentioned, this squad needs a vocal leader. Without that, they will struggle mightily against quality opponents.

Comment

Terry also mentioned that CJ was hesitant to shoot. That is on the coaching to give him confidence and direction. Steve Logan said post game that he needs at least 12 shots a game.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMan1976 View Post
                                It’s been mentioned by a couple already, but as Terry mentioned, this squad needs a vocal leader. Without that, they will struggle mightily against quality opponents.
                                Agreed as I have been saying that all year. Sure, the guards are exciting, but we need leadership to get all five playing together. The exciting shots are not going to fall every night. That is when you need teamwork to get "good" shots. Of course, of Barkley says, " a good shot is one that goes in the basket". CWM must develop[ a leader and not just shooter or get one through the portal.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X