Texas 1/9 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas 1/9 7:00 ESPN+

First Big XII home game for MBB. Stripe the stands. Check GoBearcats to figure out which color you're supposed to wear for your section. I"m not sure if they're handing out shirts for this or not but there will probably be some for purchase in the lobby. If anyone can explain why this game is on ESPN+, I'm all ears.

This will probably be Texas' only game at 5/3 for the foreseeable future. Until last night they were undefeated against teams ranked lower than themselves. They stand at 11-3 with losses to UConn at MSG, Marquette in Wisconsin and last night's home loss in Austin to Texas Tech. It's a possiblity that last one may drop them from the Top 25 as they were ranked #20 coming into the week.

Max Abmas has transferred in from Oral Roberts and leads Texas in scoring and shot attempts. Dillon Mitchell is a rebounding machine at 6'8 and they do have height with Kadin Shedrick at 6'11. Outside of those two guys the whole team seems to average about 6'5".

Outside of some game action last night before the UC game started, I have not seen them play. They did not look good in the final minutes of the game against Tech. Looks like it was back and forth until about the 12:00 mark. and then Tech expanded their lead for the rest of the game.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/251

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

As a reminder, Frank Haith is on staff

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      If anyone can explain why this game is on ESPN+, I'm all ears.
      ESPN picked UK, followed by Duke for the main network and #3 Houston at ISU for the Deuce. My question is does anyone know if we (the Big 12) have any basketball tie-ins to Fox like football? It seems to me that Big12 basketball seems to only be on ESPN networks or streaming, yet football was on Fox/FS1.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

NET:
        Cincinnati 24
        Texas 60

KenPom:
        Cincinnati 27
        Texas 39

Texas has been ranked as high as #12 this season. With their 11 point home loss to Texas Tech on Saturday and a 21-point loss to a strong Marquette team, that 1-point neutral win over Louisville in November no longer seems like UL playing a great game but rather Texas possibly not being so good. They are 1-3 in Q1/Q2 games, compared with UC's 1-2 -- so their profiles may not have looked too different had UC not upset BYU on Saturday night. In other words, this seems very winnable but would be a very Cincinnati sports thing to get everyone pumped after one game and think the corner has been turned only to see the opposite in the follow-up game. Would be great to get to 2-0 ahead of a road game at Baylor.
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-08-2024, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

ESPN picked UK, followed by Duke for the main network and #3 Houston at ISU for the Deuce. My question is does anyone know if we (the Big 12) have any basketball tie-ins to Fox like football? It seems to me that Big12 basketball seems to only be on ESPN networks or streaming, yet football was on Fox/FS1.
          Fox/FS1 has broadcast rights for Big East. Stream Big 12 sports and exclusive live events all year - ESPN+

Comment

Game preview of sorts https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/1/8...r-tuesday.aspx

TV: Matt Schumacker and Kevin Lehman
            Radio: Dan and Terry (shoutout to Dan who made it from the late finish in Utah Saturday night/Sunday morning to broadcast the Bengals on Sunday...hope he is sleeping in today)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Game preview of sorts https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/1/8...r-tuesday.aspx

TV: Matt Schumacker and Kevin Lehman
              Radio: Dan and Terry (shoutout to Dan who made it from the late finish in Utah Saturday night/Sunday morning to broadcast the Bengals on Sunday...hope he is sleeping in today)
              Dan Hoard is a treasure.

Comment

Springer preview https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...y/72113769007/

Comment

4.5 point favorites per ESPN

Comment

Palpable buzz https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...76892018659437

Comment

Multiple reporters and bracket people out there last night stating that Texas shouldn't be in the polls at all after last weekend.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. If the energetic 'cats come out to play, 76-72 good guys. If not, 82- 69 Tex. Here's to the former outcome. Go 'cats

Comment

I didn't realize until the last couple days that Texas isn't as good (or at least not playing as well) as I thought.

Is there a psychology term to describe when you get more nervous about a game and the prospect of the opponent playing well when the opponent has not been well of late and/or is likely to be playing desperately (kind of like how many assumed Xavier would be harder to beat despite their struggles including a bad loss immediately before the UC/XU game vs. had they won that prior game)?

The combination of Texas needing a good win and UC having yet to stack multiple big wins together in the Wes era = a tad nervous
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-09-2024, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Losing to Texas Tech puts them a little in desperation mode...

15pts from Lakhin
                            10 & 10 from Bandaogo
                            And 15pts from James of the bench and we win!

UC 77 - Texas 72

Comment

Hard to make any predictions based on the inconsistency of this team. Let’s hope they can continue to progress as a team after the BYU win.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X