Texas 1/9 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    I didn't realize until the last couple days that Texas isn't as good (or at least not playing as well) as I thought.

Is there a psychology term to describe when you get more nervous about a game and the prospect of the opponent playing well when the opponent has not been well of late and/or is likely to be playing desperately (kind of like how many assumed Xavier would be harder to beat despite their struggles including a bad loss immediately before the UC/XU game vs. had they won that prior game)?

The combination of Texas needing a good win and UC having yet to stack multiple big wins together in the Wes era = a tad nervous
    I don't know if there is a psychological term for that but yea I felt that's how UC reacted to the X game and the first half of BYU. I also added that hopefully the way the cats came out in the second half that maybe just maybe the lights came on for these guys on the importance of playing defense. Limiting BYU to almost 30 pts below their average is no small feet. Chalk it up on poor shooting for them if you will, yet it was still on their home court. Let's just keep up the intensity on both sides of the ball tonight. Oh and take care of the ball 😉

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      I didn't realize until the last couple days that Texas isn't as good (or at least not playing as well) as I thought.

Is there a psychology term to describe when you get more nervous about a game and the prospect of the opponent playing well when the opponent has not been well of late and/or is likely to be playing desperately (kind of like how many assumed Xavier would be harder to beat despite their struggles including a bad loss immediately before the UC/XU game vs. had they won that prior game)?

The combination of Texas needing a good win and UC having yet to stack multiple big wins together in the Wes era = a tad nervous
      Speaking in Texan: "Sounds bout one them reverse stupidity thangs."
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cincinnati matches up well with Texas. The only thing that bothers me is can UC avoid getting down big early or, for that matter, any time in the game? That has been their issue in the last two games; getting off to bad starts. If UC can start the game playing intensive defense and taking care of the ball, they should be okay. This really is a BIG GAME for UC. This is a game they really NEED TO WIN for NCAA purposes. Also, this game is winnable. They probably WILL NOT have many games in the BIG 12 where they are favored over a RANKED team. Hopefully, UC can GET THIS WIN tonight.
        Last edited by leeraymond; 01-09-2024, 05:31 PM.

Comment

UC will be rocking the RED uniforms tonight ... hopefully Texas has their white uniforms and not burnt orange!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Speaking in Texan: "Sounds bout one them reverse stupidity thangs."
            or ;Ike a cornered armadillo (armored rat)

Comment

I remember Huggs first final four team had to get past a Texas school is this them or was it TT? If it was Texas what is the historical record between these two schools?

Comment

Good effort so far! Lakhin playing like he did against BYU!
                Last edited by BearKatz; 01-09-2024, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Need to get serious about guarding Disu. He's copping an scoring attitude.

Comment

last 2 trips very poor guard play.

Comment

make that 3

Comment

Reynolds is coming want to see what he can do

Comment

Simos is coming in too - maybe he will take charge

Comment

No reynolds

Comment

Day Day still out of control.

Comment

Thomas driving to the basket with nowhere to go... The PG play has not been good so far.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X