Texas 1/9 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
    We had a foul to give, why not use it...?????
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
      Wes blew this game. His defensive abilities are simply awful
      Agree! Career high for Disu! That says it all!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Agree! Career high for Disu! That says it all!
        Our bigs couldn’t guard him. Not sure it’s coaching, Kenyon Martin wasn’t out there. Turnovers and poor FT shooting cost them the game.

Comment

The players deserved to win this game, the coaching didn’t allow it. Sad. Cost them the game.

Comment

The clownery on this board is strong tonite. Let's recap shall we.. up 1 Newman misses the front end. Missed travel call on Texas final possession. 14 turnovers.
            Should he have used the foul ? Probably... but saying this was a coach-caused loss is laughable.

Comment

Reynolds and lahkin arent ever gonna make high ft percentage consistently, yes id rather be at 10 TOs or so, but u have a million assistant coaches and not one says hey give a foul??! and after makin same mistake in 1st half, smh, I hope someone asks the question

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                The clownery on this board is strong tonite. Let's recap shall we.. up 1 Newman misses the front end. Missed travel call on Texas final possession. 14 turnovers.
                Should he have used the foul ? Probably... but saying this was a coach-caused loss is laughable.
                but it's a huge and avoidable mistake, we may have fouled and then they make a three, I get that

Comment

You can second guess the coaching all you want, and I agree with giving them that last foul but shooting free throws at less than 65% percent clip and turning the ball over in double digits every game is not going to win us very many games.

Comment

Free throws, Texas 9-10, UC 8-15. Ball game. The two missed front ends make it more like 8-17.

Comment

• ok, took a breath, brightside:

simas maybe showing he is who we thought he was

jamiile, nice, a big can be in foul trouble and we dont have to panic

and I believe day day WILL figure out how to make a layup

Comment

• Well until he figures out how to do that more than turning it over who or what do we do. And we still need to make free throws

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          Well until he figures out how to do that more than turning it over who or what do we do. And we still need to make free throws
                          UC has historically been a bad ft shooting team....down through the ages. Always frustrating.

Comment

• What an incredible environment. Heartbreaking. Made me think about other Bearcat heartbreaks.
                            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                              What an incredible environment. Heartbreaking. Made me think about other Bearcat heartbreaks.
                              I flashed back to Larry Shingleton in the 1963 title game. Make the FT, we get our third straight natty. Then Loyola got away with a blatant, 4 step travel.

Comment

• Why did Miller take Reynolds out of the game very late? He was the only one on the team that could half way guard Disu. As you recall, Disu hit the shot that reduced UC's lead to 73-72. I believe that Skillings was on Disu at that point. Also, why not give the foul to slow Texas down at the end of the game during their last possession? Mick Cronin said recently that "BEFORE A TEAM CAN WIN, IT HAS TO FIRST LEARN HOW NOT TO LOSE". Even after Newman did not hit his free throws, UC still had a chance to win the game. Had Miller made some different choices when the game was still in the balance, perhaps UC walks away with the win. It is the LITTLE THINGS that sometimes make the difference between winning and losing. The 15 turnovers also killed UC slowly over the course of the game. UC suffers from a LACK of SOLID point guard play. Thomas is too reckless and James has a hard time defending better guards. Nevertheless, I really like this team. UC played very hard tonight. If they play hard every game like they did tonight, they are going to win their share of games in the BIG 12. By the way, Houston was upset tonight by Iowa State. Welcome to the BIG 12.
                                Last edited by leeraymond; 01-10-2024, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X