• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why run a play for Simas?
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

He was supposed to pass it.

Comment

Good game. Proud of the guys. No hanging the head. Just don't have the go to shooter.

Comment

I was a good came. The Cats are definitely playing well. It's good to see they hanging in there with these ranked teams. It will help them in the long run.

Comment

Great effort and mostly strong defense. Unfortunately too many guys that can't score under pressure. Making progress but we need to win some of these close games.

Comment

Vik had one rebound. Simas was horrible defensively and rebounding. If he’s not making shots he can’t be in the game. Makes me wonder if Rayvon couldn’t help this team.
              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

The summary: Bearcats' Rally Falls Short at No. 14 Baylor - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                  Vik had one rebound. Simas was horrible defensively and rebounding. If he’s not making shots he can’t be in the game. Makes me wonder if Rayvon couldn’t help this team.
                  A little late for that now with Rayvon. Vic had a bad game, but all in all he's probably our best player offensively.

Comment

Our future opponents will probably scout the team and realize that they need to shut down Vic. Each game going forward is going to be tougher and our better players will be the focus of the other team. We will think that they had bad games but in reality, the other team focused on shutting them down.

Comment

1. We win that game with Aziz.
                      2. Dan Skillings played within himself tonight, and it seems he’s growing into the role before our eyes.
                      3. There are no easy games, look at UCF and WVU today. We have to hold serve at home.
                      4. I’m ready to lose my voice screaming Tuesday night, of course I always do.

Comment

Good question. Why not run that last play for the hot hand (Skillings)? Simas was 1-10 and 0-7 (from three) on the night. In UC's two BIG 12 losses, they have had problems hitting that one crucial shot in the final seconds that would have given them the lead or a large enough lead to really put pressure on the other team (Newman missed the one-and-one against Texas and last night Skillings missed the left-hand lay-up that would have put UC by one in the closing seconds). End of game coaching choices are an issue here. If UC hits those shots, we might be here discussing how UC is 3-0 in the BIG 12. UC is showing the nation that they can handle themselves in the BIG 12. Great defense tonight. However, before a team can win, they MUST FIRST LEARN HOW NOT TO LOSE (Mick Cronin). I think that is where UC is now in the BIG 12. They need to learn how NOT to lose these close games. The good thing is, UC will get plenty more opportunities to get those NCAA tournament types of wins. In my mind, they MUST find a way to WIN AT HOME. UC let a win get away at home with Texas. Let's see if they truly have learned anything when they play TCU at home next.
                        Last edited by leeraymond; 01-14-2024, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Aziz not taking some of the fouls away from Vik hurt yes but the same thing could be said about CJ. No matter how the game ends fault is going to fall on Miller and is unjust to do so. And I'm as hard on him as anyone but he is limited on his choices as to who should take that game winning shot. Yes Simas had a bad night. Vik was absent offensively too as was JJ. But If Skillings missed in that same situation then Miller is faulted for not giving it to Simas. Who we got next Reed? CJ was recruited to be that guy in these crucial situations. I thought I would never ever say this about a Wes Miller team for a long time but his defense scheme has kept us in these last two games. We had seven consecutive trips to our end of the court in the second half and came away with no points. And six of these obtained no free throws to shoot. Zone defenses are stalling us and have so for these past three years. Basic bball is to put the ball in the basket and we did not do that and have no one that can be counted on consistently to do that. If you hold a Baylor type team to 60 pts give or take that's a game that should be won. I will say this though, with Aziz unable to go and Vik struggling and obtaining fouls why not put Torrentino in, especially after Vik got into that scuffle just to let Vik breathe a little bit and have Torry bang and hack some Baylor bodies? But I don't claim to be a bball coach

Comment

CWM said it was for Skillings but Baylor was all over him and Simas was open.

Comment

Neither of those two boxed out or ran the floor defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

Good question. Why not run that last play for the hot hand (Skillings)? Simas was 1-10 and 0-7 (from three) on the night. In UC's two BIG 12 losses, they have had problems hitting that one crucial shot in the final seconds that would have given them the lead or a large enough lead to really put pressure on the other team (Newman missed the one-and-one against Texas and last night Skillings missed the left-hand lay-up that would have put UC by one in the closing seconds). End of game coaching choices are an issue here. If UC hits those shots, we might be here discussing how UC is 3-0 in the BIG 12. UC is showing the nation that they can handle themselves in the BIG 12. Great defense tonight. However, before a team can win, they MUST FIRST LEARN HOW NOT TO LOSE (Mick Cronin). I think that is where UC is now in the BIG 12. They need to learn how NOT to lose these close games. The good thing is, UC will get plenty more opportunities to get those NCAA tournament types of wins. In my mind, they MUST find a way to WIN AT HOME. UC let a win get away at home with Texas. Let's see if they truly have learned anything when they play TCU at home next.
                                as I answered earlier CWM said the play was for Skillings. Obviously Baylor figured it out, covered him and Simas was open. Agree with your comments about learning how not to lose.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X