Texas Christian 1/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Christian 1/16 7:00 ESPN+

TCU heads to Clifton for the first time in a long while, if it can successfuly get out of DFW. Lots of canceled flights out of he Dallas Ft. Worth area due to cold weather. It's about noon here on 1/15 and it's 14 degrees outside. Fortunately the power is still on so far (knock on frozen wood) and we didn't get ice this go around. Maybe they'll get there.

The Horned Frogs are doing really well in league play after a 2 loss non con where they lost to Clemson in Toronto and Nevada in Hawaii'i. The lone confernce loss was to Kansas in Lawrence y 2 points.
    Jamie Dixon can still coach although it's taken him a while to really get going at TCU. They have back to back wins at home over #3 Houston and #9 Oklahoma.

The guy to stop is Emanuel Miller who leads the Frogs in scoring and rebounding from the forward spot at 16.8 and 6. If you want to feel old, the backcourt is manned by Jameer Nelson Jr. and he is joined by Chuck O'Bannon Jr in the front court. They are well balanced with 4 guys averaging double figures in scoring and a 5th player very close to that. Any of them can go off at any point.

TCU:

AP 19 (as of just now)
    Kenpom 22
    NET 29
    Bart Torvik 29

ESPN predictor say UC 65% chance to win. My opinion on that is..In the words of Ron Burgundy ... "I don't believe you!"

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2628
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-15-2024, 02:30 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

After two tough losses, this seems like a crucial game for UC to pull out -- and would go a long way resume-wise

Comment

The Vegas line opened at UC -3.5. It moved to -2.5. KenPom would have UC about -3.

TCU's offensive efficiency is #26 & defensive is #39 in KenPom. By comparison, the Cats are #64 & #20, respectively.

Comment

In their B12 opener, the Frogs had a lead over the Jayhawks in the final minute but fell, 83-81, in Lawrence.

Comment

Another top 25 opportunity- what an awesome league. Kind of feels must win-ish.

Comment

When ESPN predicts anything, I just look at all 7 of their experts picking the Cowboys to win.

Comment

This league is unforgiving. You have to hold serve at home. Missed a chance with Texas...therefore tonight is pretty important.
              Cory Huffman
              Cin City

Comment

Morning numbers:

NET -- TCU 29, Cincinnati 33
                KenPom -- TCU 22, Cincinnati 33
                Spread (per ESPN.com): UC -3.5

Comment

I'm thinking our offense has to make an appearance sooner or later may as well be tonight, and I'm thinking that DS, SL or JN has decided to assert themselves and be the CO on the court to lead this team. In the words of the late outrageous Judy Tenuta " Hey It could happen". Go 'cats

Comment

Joe Lundardi has UC as the third team outside the field https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ld-predictions

We know a mid-January bracket projection is meaningless, but I absolutely think it is fair to suggest UC is right in the mix but has a ton more to do to get into the field of 68 come March. All of which is to say, a big opportunity tonight. Need it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      I'm thinking our offense has to make an appearance sooner or later may as well be tonight, and I'm thinking that DS, SL or JN has decided to assert themselves and be the CO on the court to lead this team. In the words of the late outrageous Judy Tenuta " Hey It could happen". Go 'cats
                      agree! ...and a Judy Tenuta reference?! that Rufus is a Constanza, goin out ona high note post! wait for the next game thread, u can't top that

Comment

If anyone needs emergency tickets to this one, Let me know.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 01-16-2024, 07:22 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bearcat9796, I'm jonsing so bad to see some UC bball swagger, I pulled out my VHS copy of the 1992 Midwest regional final between UC and Anfernee Hardaway's Memphis state Tigers yesterday. Watching that replay of handing them their 4th consecutive loss to us in the same year seemed to quench the thirst. But it won't satisfy for long. Lol
                          Last edited by Rufus; 01-16-2024, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Aziz Bandaogo will dress for tonight's game per Rothstein. It Remains to be seen if he will actually play.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hard to believe it's not packed considering we're playing TCU... I figured there wouldn't be a seat available.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X