Central Florida 1/27 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida 1/27 7:00 ESPN+

Get ready for a rock fight on Saturday night. The Knights are virtually a one-dimensional team; poor offensively and elite defensively. They are 11-6 and have a major pelt on their wall in having knocked off the Jayhawks in Orlando.

UCF are #67 NET, #72 KenPom and #78 BartTorvik. In the lattermost rankings, which break out statistical aspects of each team, the Knights are #237 offensive efficiency, largely by being a poor shooting team, both inside and outside the arc. They make up for that by being a strong rebounding team at both ends and denying open shots, yielding a #5 defensive efficiency ranking. The Knights also get to the line a lot and foul a lot as well.

They host the Mountaineers tonight at 7:00 on ESPN+.
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 01-23-2024, 06:43 PM.

Not even ESPN+ will get us back to 12/27.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
      Not even ESPN+ will get us back to 12/27.
      Oops! Maybe they'll play again this coming December.

Comment

Top players:
        6'4 Jaylin Sellers, G, 17.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.0 assist, 1.4 steals (transferred in from Ball State)
        6/1 Darius Johnson, G, 13.5 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.8 steals

Comment

UCF beat WVU by 13 tonight

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            UCF beat WVU by 13 tonight
            KenPom - UC 33 / UCF 70
            NET - UC 37 / UCF 67

In addition to UCF barely being a Quad 2 home game at this point (NET-wise), there are four 3-3 teams and three 2-4 teams and UC cannot afford to be stuck in the basement
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

KenPom - UC 33 / UCF 70
              NET - UC 37 / UCF 67

In addition to UCF barely being a Quad 2 home game at this point (NET-wise), there are four 3-3 teams and three 2-4 teams and UC cannot afford to be stuck in the basement
              I get what you're saying here but until further notice, the basement is is the sole property of OK St. who lost to TCU last night and is now 0-6 in conference.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Fans attending are encouraged to wear WHITE

Comment

No hype for this one. I think we're completely underestimating the Knights.

UCF is 12-6 and 3-3- in conference with a W over Kansas in Orlando. Jaylin Sellers and Darius Johnson make the offense go when it does go. They are not an offensive juggernaut . This is a lockdown defensive squad. They average 9 steals a game. They block shots, They gang rebound. They have height. The roster looks like the EPCOT Center restaurants. They even have a guard named Poohpha Warakulnukroh from Bangkok.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2116

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

UCF is 12-6 and 3-3- in conference with a W over Kansas in Orlando. Jaylin Sellers and Darius Johnson make the offense go when it does go. They are not an offensive juggernaut . This is a lockdown defensive squad. They average 9 steals a game. They block shots, They gang rebound. They have height. The roster looks like the EPCOT Center restaurants. They even have a guard named Poohpha Warakulnukroh from Bangkok.

Hilarious! They have team breakfasts at the International House of Pancakes.
                    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

We need to make shots at home, or we lose.

Comment

Enquirer preview https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...f/72326156007/

Also, a CJ Fredrick update via the radio show (transcribed here https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...r-and-closer):

"He walked out today and that probably gave me some good energy," Miller said during his weekly radio show on 700 WLW. "He started participating in our warm-up shooting drills. I looked at him and said, 'Hey, I thought you'd be in a beach chair somewhere, what are you doing out here shooting with us?' But I think he's heading in the right direction. I do think he's going to be back. You guys that are watching us. There are things that he does that you can see him helping if he was out there. his decision-making, his passing, obviously the shooting, his experience. So I don't know exactly when he'll be back but I think we're getting closer and closer."

Comment

ESPN+ = Eric Rothman, BJ Taylor

I believe BJ was a star for UCF during the last four Cronin years

Comment

You are correct. Not a lot of chatter for this one. UCF is a very good defensive team and they appear to have two go-to-guys (Sellers and Johnson). UC cannot afford to have three conference losses AT HOME. If UC loses to UCF at home, it would be three (3) home conference loses for UC. That would NOT be a good look. UC has been playing some very good and tough basketball during the stretch of games with the ranked teams. If UC continues to play the same way with fewer mistakes and turnovers, this UC team will win its share of conference games.

Comment

Enquirer preview https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...f/72326156007/

Also, a CJ Fredrick update via the radio show (transcribed here https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...r-and-closer):

"He walked out today and that probably gave me some good energy," Miller said during his weekly radio show on 700 WLW. "He started participating in our warm-up shooting drills. I looked at him and said, 'Hey, I thought you'd be in a beach chair somewhere, what are you doing out here shooting with us?' But I think he's heading in the right direction. I do think he's going to be back. You guys that are watching us. There are things that he does that you can see him helping if he was out there. his decision-making, his passing, obviously the shooting, his experience. So I don't know exactly when he'll be back but I think we're getting closer and closer."
                              The leadership which just might get this who team healthy plus a real good jump shot. Yes CWM we have watched the team without his leadership skills. That is why you recruited him and he has been the difference in close losses I think. We both can't wait to get him back.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X