Houston 2/10 4:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston 2/10 4:00 ESPN2

Here's all any UC fan needs to know about how due the Bearcats are against the Cougars: 0 wins since the Pandemic shut down the 2019-20 season. Not since Dejon Jarreau bit Mamoudou Diarra's thigh on 2/1/2020 have the Cats prevailed (64-62). Here's the carnage that followed:

55-68, 52-90, 54-91, 58-80, 53-71, 56-69, 59-72, 69-75, 48-69

Lol I remember that. I guess Jarreau was taking to heart Sampson's montra that they would never be able to beat the Bearcats until they ( Houston ) became as physical as UC.

Comment

Since the aforementioned UC win versus Houston...

- Houston has gone 118-20 (with a home game versus Oklahoma State this week)
      - Final Four, Elite Eight, Sweet 16 (lost in the Sweet 16 as a #1 seed this past year)
      - Two trips to UC, resulting in Houston wins by 22 and 13

Comment

So who's bringing the Houston Bites sign to the game?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          Here's all any UC fan needs to know about how due the Bearcats are against the Cougars: 0 wins since the Pandemic shut down the 2019-20 season. Not since Dejon Jarreau bit Mamoudou Diarra's thigh on 2/1/2020 have the Cats prevailed (64-62). Here's the carnage that followed:

55-68, 52-90, 54-91, 58-80, 53-71, 56-69, 59-72, 69-75, 48-69
          Let's play spot the Brannen games....
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think I am going to just walk away from this one ...

Comment

Would love to spot that wire tattoo in the front court again. I would not bite that guy.

Comment

Feels like we could possibly see the return of CJ Fredrick on Saturday.

Whenever he is ready to go, he may need to be eased back in. But if he reaches a full go anytime soon, whose minutes does he take? Certainly he could give Newman or Skillings a breather. But perhaps he could play with both of them and they sit Lakhin. Thoughts?
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-05-2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Would love to spot that wire tattoo in the front court again. I would not bite that guy.
                  Wrong Brannen
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I think I am going to just walk away from this one ...
                    Keep on going right down the tunnel
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wrong Brannen
                      I know but I can remember.

Comment

Feels like we could possibly see the return of CJ Fredrick on Saturday.

Whenever he is ready to go, he may need to be eased back in. But if he reaches a full go anytime soon, whose minutes does he take? Certainly he could give Newman or Skillings a breather. But perhaps he could play with both of them and they sit Lakhin. Thoughts?
                        I imagine it will take at least a week or two for him to get his conditioning back after he starts to play. A common theme back when he was playing was that our defense and rebounding take a significant hit when he plays with Simas. Our defense has improved a lot, but it's still hard to hide a SG and a SF who are below average at rebounding and defense. Thus, the obvious answer is he gives Simas more of a chance to rest, unless the opposing team is playing two non-scorers who aren't big men (which is quite rare, especially at the B12 level).

Comment

@Knickoson42:

Wes Miller on CJ Fredrick adjusting whenever he returns: "I don't have some illusion that CJ being [back] in his first game is going to have the best game of his career. But him just being on the floor will help us." Miller said yesterday he's "hopeful" Fredrick will return before the end of league play.

Wes Miller says he has learned a lot in preparing for Kelvin Sampson and Houston over the years. Nationally, many people talk about Houston's physicality and toughness. Miller says he wants Cincinnati to get to that point in its own genuine way.

Comment

@Knickoson42:

Wes Miller on CJ Fredrick adjusting whenever he returns: "I don't have some illusion that CJ being [back] in his first game is going to have the best game of his career. But him just being on the floor will help us." Miller said yesterday he's "hopeful" Fredrick will return before the end of league play.

Wes Miller says he has learned a lot in preparing for Kelvin Sampson and Houston over the years. Nationally, many people talk about Houston's physicality and toughness. Miller says he wants Cincinnati to get to that point in its own genuine way.
                            Wouldn't it make more sense to redshirt him this year? Assuming CJ is OK with it, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post

Wouldn't it make more sense to redshirt him this year? Assuming CJ is OK with it, of course.
                              CJ has appeared in 11 games this year. To be granted a medical redshirt, I believe the NCAA dictates you cannot play in more than 30% of your team's games. Last year, Indiana guard Xavier Johnson got injured in IU's 11th game. The team played 35 games, so he was at 31.4% (just past the 30% threshold) -- but somehow managed to get a waiver, though it was far from a guarantee.

For CJ to hit the same standard, UC would need at least four postseason games on top of the team's 31 regular season games.

Also, he has one more year of eligibility left anyways. This is already his sixth year. Do you think if he came back for year seven, he'd really want year eight? Maybe Seth Towns at Howard inspired him though.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X