No announcement yet.

Oklahoma St. 2/21 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the type of game that if UC loses, people will remember it for a long time. I bet you all the Jack Daniels in Tennessee most people associated with UC basketball still remember that NCAA Tournament game, against Nevada, where UC was leading by 22 points, with 11 minutes left in the game, and lost. A loss tonight would not be good for Miller's standing among UC fans and boosters. Hopefully tonight UC can display some sense of "killer instinct" and put Oklahoma State away early. Oklahoma State is 0 and 7 in road games this season. I guess the bottom line for this UC team is to just get the win, no matter how ugly. Hoping for the win tonight.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 02-21-2024, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Today's numbers:

NET - UC 39 / Oklahoma State 123 - quad 3
      Ken Pom - UC 37* / Oklahoma State 111
      T-Rank (Bart Torvik) - UC 42 / Oklahoma State 105

* UC #74 adjusted offensive efficiency, #22 adjusted defensive efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
        This is the type of game that if UC loses, people will remember it for a long time. I bet you all the Jack Daniels in Tennessee most people associated with UC basketball still remember that NCAA Tournament game, against Nevada, where UC was leading by 22 points, with 11 minutes left in the game, and lost. A loss tonight would not be good for Miller's standing among UC fans and boosters. Hopefully tonight UC can display some sense of "killer instinct" and put Oklahoma State away early. Oklahoma State is 0 and 7 in road games this season. I guess the bottom line for this UC team is to just get the win, no matter how ugly. Hoping for the win tonight.
        Now why did you go and bring up Nevada before a must win game? Why Why Why? And yeah everybody remembers it.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
          This would be more like the home game we lost to Tulane in 2015. Not sure how many people remember that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Now why did you go and bring up Nevada before a must win game? Why Why Why? And yeah everybody remembers it.
            Ha ha ha. Well Lobot, nobody wants UC to win this one more than me. I predict a win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
              This would be more like the home game we lost to Tulane in 2015. Not sure how many people remember that one.
              I'm trying to recall this game because it was terrible and nothing went right. There was a buzzer beater involved here, no?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm trying to recall this game because it was terrible and nothing went right. There was a buzzer beater involved here, no?
                Yes, I remember it vividly because I was in the front row next to the student section. Tulane nailed a buzzer beater from half court after Gary Clark hit what we thought was the game winner. We didn't make a single three the entire game.

But we went on to make the tournament anyway (and beat Purdue) so it was easily forgotten.

Comment

Skillings is on fire!
                  Last edited by BearKatz; 02-21-2024, 08:08 PM.

Comment

imagine that - passing the ball on a fast break instead of bullying their way into coverage = 2 points

Comment

Relentlessly attacking the basket to start. Good sign.

Comment

nice screen by Reynolds on that 3

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Pound it inside to who?
                          Apparently the other team team knows because we telegraph every pass inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            Apparently the other team team knows because we telegraph every pass inside.
                            plus the wildattacking - difference between attacking and driving with skill -- court awareness

Comment

That was a bad lineup for a long time.

Comment

it is ok to play interior defense - several baskets allowed already

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X