Texas Christian 2/24 3:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I hope everyone else's stream isn't hiccuping as much as mine is. This is unwatchable on my end.
    That is why I haven’t watched an ESPN+ game
    all year. Garbage !

Comment

• I'll chime in on this. ESPN+ is not worth the money you have to spend on it. The constant buffering and hiccuping as it's called ( repeating a two sec segment repeatedly and constantly throughout the stream is getting too exhausting to tolerate. I thought it was on my end because it was happening every time but I checked my Internet connections and speed and everything was fine. So I will not be re-upping my subscription at seasons end.

Comment

• For those with ESPN+ problems, try watching the replay or watching from the beginning after the game has been in progress for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
          We gave up 1.09 points per possession, which isn't great but also not terrible. It's actually better than our performance at Texas Tech, which surprised me. Aside from the opening minute and a stretch late when TCU was scoring a lot in transition, the half court defense wasn't too bad. We never did anything to stop Coles, and Miller was making some nice plays. But we contained Nelson, allowed just 18 points at the rim (many in transition), and rebounded 75% of their misses. The defense on Coles is the only thing I was really upset about on that side of the ball since that's easily correctable.

Offensively we put up 0.83 points per possession, by far our lowest output of the season. We only scored 25 second half points, including a 4 minute scoreless stretch when TCU went on an 11-0 run and another stretch where we only scored 2 points over 6 minutes (a 12-2 run). That's 25% of the game where we scored 2 points. Shooting was poor (46% effective field goals), and we didn't grab enough offensive rebounds to compensate (less than 25% of our misses) and didn't take care of the ball (10 second half turnovers). Only Jamille and Simas were efficient scoring the ball, and Aziz had 4 offensive rebounds.

Jamille was our best player, posting positive 2.2 net points and a 12.7 box plus minus (no small feat in a blowout loss). As has become a pattern lately, Ody was our best player when he was on the floor, leading in box plus minus in his 2 minutes. Jizzle was our worst player by far, recording negative 7.5 net points and a negative 14.7 box plus minus. Just awful. He only scored 4 points on 11 shots and added 4 turnovers. He's also the only player on our team who had a negative defensive box plus minus. Skillings was next worse with negative 3.7 net points. After noting that OK St was his first game with 4 turnovers this year, he made me look dumb and did it twice in a row.
          Reynolds came alive and became a battling Bearcat. He was banging and at times, the only Bearcat trying on the floor. I also thought Aziz played good defense in the first half comeback. The Cats need to start to play hard every game. The guards, while Day Day scored, had 16 and gave up 30. That isn't counting the Turnovers or the ability to finish the pick & roll which was set up several times (I seen this in many games). I am tired of Newman's excuse that we have new guys. He heard CWM used that for too long. TCU had new players too. OH for a floor leader. VIK made a very weak presence. Does he have leaving on his mind? Can CWM get inside his head?
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-25-2024, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Please DO NOT copy and paste from paywalled articles at BCJ, Bearcat Report, or anywhere else, to the board. If it's a free article, fine. If it's a link to a paid article, that's ok but please mark it with ($). Thanks.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• In an interview CWM mentioned a lack of communication by the Cats. Why is this?

Comment

• Last Sunday we were playing for the ncaa tournament. Now, the goal seems to be staying out of last. What a difference a week can make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
                  Last Sunday we were playing for the ncaa tournament. Now, the goal seems to be staying out of last. What a difference a week can make.
                  My thoughts exactly. For some reaon Miller's team seem to fade down the stretch each season. You can see the other teams in the conference have figured out their teams while the Cats are still experimenting and complely inconsistent. A different issue or set of issues appear from game to game.

Comment

• What do these teams have in common (Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, South Florida, Houston, and Texas Tech)? They all have coaches or are schools that are NEW to higher conferences. They also are in the top half of their conferences where they are very much in the running for making the NCAA Tournament. That brings us to Miller. There was a stretch in the TCU game (late first half) where James, Thomas, Simas, Aziz, and Newman (I believe) were in the game and had just taken the lead (8-0 run). Clearly, the casual observer could see that that particular UC lineup had a pop and a good chemistry to it. TCU then called a timeout. When UC came back after the timeout, Miller had changed the lineup. It was at that moment that I began to wonder if Miller really knows what he is doing. Seriously, think about all of the basic kinds of choices that we, AS FANS, can see that are very rational, but then Miller makes a completely different choice that turns into a disaster. UC does NOT have 11 losses (5-9 conference) for no reason. Those 11 losses represent a 40.7 % loss rate and the season is not over yet. Regardless if a coach is new to a conference or not, GOOD DECISION MAKING IS ONE OF THE KEYS TO COACHING WINNING BASKETBALL.

After Miller changed that very productive lineup, TCU outscored UC 19-9 to end the 1st half. The two forwards, Coles and Miller killed UC yesterday. Both guys are about 6"7'. Oguama played two minutes yesterday and had two blocks and a steal (was not documented). Oguama would have been a very good match-up in yesterday's game. I know a lot people on this blog are big J. James' fans. I think he is okay, but he is not ready to play 25 minutes / game (yesterday). He had 4 turnovers yesterday. Skillings is another guy whose minutes should be tightly regulated. Since Skillings has been in the starting lineup the last three games, UC has given up 76 points a game. UC's conference average is 69.8. Let's not mention Aziz and his constantly weak defense on the perimeter. Remember, it was TCU's forwards that killed UC. They went 11-18 and 4-8 (from 3).

There is good news. Except for Houston, UC still has a chance. If UC can win the three games after the Houston game and steal a couple games in the BIG 12 Tournament, that would give UC about 20 wins. That should do it. Here is the other part. I have been watching Miller's decision making for three years now. He is NOT a capable live game action floor manager. He has no clue what lineup to keep in the game and what lineup he should change. UC has NOT played well since the first Houston game. It appears that Miller HAS FAVORITES that he likes to play regardless of the stats. That is reckless because it hurts the team. Think about this for a second, the UC front line that started at the beginning of the year is now on the bench and has barely played since conference play has started. These guys have been in the program longer than most. They know what Miller's system is all about. Why would a coach leave that experience and know-how on the bench? With UC, its older players are typically its better players. Maybe it is time to go back to Lakhin and Oguama as the starting front line. Besides, since Aziz has started, UC has lost 9 of 14.

Is Miller the REAL problem with UC basketball? Does he really know what he is doing?
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 02-26-2024, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Reynolds came alive and became a battling Bearcat. He was banging and at times, the only Bearcat trying on the floor. I also thought Aziz played good defense in the first half comeback. The Cats need to start to play hard every game. The guards, while Day Day scored, had 16 and gave up 30. That isn't counting the Turnovers or the ability to finish the pick & roll which was set up several times (I seen this in many games). I am tired of Newman's excuse that we have new guys. He heard CWM used that for too long. TCU had new players too. OH for a floor leader. VIK made a very weak presence. Does he have leaving on his mind? Can CWM get inside his head?
                      Leo, do you think we need a floor leader? LOL That's about the 100th mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
                        Last Sunday we were playing for the ncaa tournament. Now, the goal seems to be staying out of last. What a difference a week can make.
                        We might not win another game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          I'll chime in on this. ESPN+ is not worth the money you have to spend on it. The constant buffering and hiccuping as it's called ( repeating a two sec segment repeatedly and constantly throughout the stream is getting too exhausting to tolerate. I thought it was on my end because it was happening every time but I checked my Internet connections and speed and everything was fine. So I will not be re-upping my subscription at seasons end.
                          I've had a great experience with ESPN+. Very rarely are there buffering issues, and I love having access to all kinds of events that we were never able to watch a decade ago. I've been watching Bearcats in the B12 track and field championships this weekend with swimming and diving up next week. Not to mention women's basketball softball, volleyball, soccer (including Euro pro). Well worth under $10 for me.

Comment

• I began to think that the problem was in the Disney, Hulu bundle which is where I obtained the ESPN+. So I terminated that and just subscribed to plus on its own. It continues to hiccup and buffer repeatedly. The only time it has not done this was on the Iowa St. game. I have now began exiting out and re acquiring into live action. I did this twice last evening before it ceased. I have even logged into "my Internet provider" before and disconnected some of my devices in order to obtain more speed / power and it still continued. I have no such issues with other streaming formats i.e. Netflix, Amazon prime, Pluto, Peacock. My next try will be switching televisions. As my wife can't stand bball I go downstairs to the grandkids play room to watch these games and the TV down there is a 42 inch Vizio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              the TV down there is a 42 inch Vizio.
                              That might be part of the problem. I don't think Vizio's have great operating systems (if I remember right they don't have native support for many common apps). I have a Sony, which runs on Google's Android TV operating system.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                                That might be part of the problem. I don't think Vizio's have great operating systems (if I remember right they don't have native support for many common apps). I have a Sony, which runs on Google's Android TV operating system.
                                I don't think that's the problem. I have a Vizio and last night was the 1st time I've ever had any issues with watching ESPN+ and that was only during the 1st 15 minutes. It seemed to straighten out after that, but I eventually switched TV's and moved to a room with a fireplace.

I don't know what's going on with the Cats but that whooping seemed to really take the wind out of their sails. Actually, they've seemed to be off (by that I mean disheartened) since the Iowa game, to me that game hurt them bad.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X