Kansas State 3/2 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    John Newman misses again in that situation. Won a game we deserved to lose.
    SL refused to lose he did the little and big things. He didn't come out the second half I think. I may be wrong. He is a Bearcat

Comment

Offense was atrocious.
      Bailed out by Lukosius.

Comment

Go Bearcats

Comment

Fire Doug Sirmons into the F'ing sun.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            LuCLUTCHsius
            3Mas (tm) ......
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Fire Doug Sirmons into the F'ing sun.
              I’ll donate. Officiating was obscene. UC 4-8 FT, KSU 21-25.
              Last edited by longtimefan; 03-02-2024, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Only six turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Only six turnovers
                  I believe that this was THE key to our win and if we would have averaged this in prior games that our win total would be a lot better and we would in the mix for the Big Dance.

Comment

Wes drew up a nice play to get Simas the last shot. Jizzle collapsed the defense on the left, Simas rolled to the top of the key from the right with a screen from Aziz. Coach trusted Simas, and it payed off.

Comment

Take a look at the stats. Lukosius' Late Game Heroics Lifts Bearcats Past Wildcats - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                      Got killed on the boards and free throws stunk again.

Comment

We scored 1.10 points per possession - above average output against a really good defense. We took care of the ball, which while not difficult to do against a team that doesn't force turnovers, was still important because we were bad on the glass. It was our second lowest turnover rate of the entire season (Georgia Tech was lowest). We fell in love with the midrange shot for stretches, hitting only 7 of 20. But we converted just over 50% from two thanks to 16 of 25 at the rim. And with 38% from three, we posted 53% effective field goals. .

Defensively I thought we played very well despite giving up 1.07 points per possession. The best player on the floor was Tylor Perry with 9.9 net points, mostly due to hitting 6 of 8 from deep. Some of those were open, but several were really tough looks. We didn't do a great job keeping their guards off the stripe, where they were 12 of 15, but we did turn them over 16 times. I'll take more turnovers than free throw attempts from that group. The bigs went a surprising 9 of 10 at the line. Those guys are only shooting around 50% on the season.

Newman was our best player with 6.4 net points and a 15.6 box plus minus. He scored 18 points on only 12 shots and added 4 assists, a steal, and only one turnover. Day Day was just behind with 4.4 net points, scoring 14 points on only 11 shots with 5 assists and 4 steals. Aziz and Reed were the only other players with positive net points. Aziz had 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 3 steals. Jamille was our worst player tonight, going 1 for 5 from the field, 2 for 5 from the stripe, and only one rebound and 4 fouls in 11 minutes. Simas hit the big shot but ended up scoring only 13 on 13 shots, and posted a team worst negative 3.9 defensive box plus minus.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Wes drew up a nice play to get Simas the last shot. Jizzle collapsed the defense on the left, Simas rolled to the top of the key from the right with a screen from Aziz. Coach trusted Simas, and it payed off.
                          It was a brilliant play design, but not the way we executed it. Day Day slipped the screen and was wide open under the rim after his defender went over Aziz. Not sure why Jizzle didn't throw it to him. That was the brilliant part. Good thing the shot from Simas went down. Horns sets (wings in the corners, forwards at the elbows) with down screens are so simple and effective. NBA teams do it all the time. I'm not sure why we don't do more of that.

Here's the play:
                          https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...10775407272065

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
                            It was a brilliant play design, but not the way we executed it. Day Day slipped the screen and was wide open under the rim after his defender went over Aziz. Not sure why Jizzle didn't throw it to him. That was the brilliant part. Good thing the shot from Simas went down. Horns sets (wings in the corners, forwards at the elbows) with down screens are so simple and effective. NBA teams do it all the time. I'm not sure why we don't do more of that.

Here's the play:
                            https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...10775407272065
                            After watching the replay several times and as quick as it happened, I'm not sure that JJ had enough time to recognize Day Day streaking across under the basket.. It worked out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

After watching the replay several times and as quick as it happened, I'm not sure that JJ had enough time to recognize Day Day streaking across under the basket.. It worked out though.
                              You'd think he'd be looking for that if it was the play call. Jizzle took another dribble after Day Day broke, so he had plenty of time. He had tunnel vision on Simas though. He's missing court vision as a freshman.

You don't often see players split a stagger screen, and it caught Day Day's defender completely out to dry. I wonder if we'll see that play again.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
                                You'd think he'd be looking for that if it was the play call. Jizzle took another dribble after Day Day broke, so he had plenty of time. He had tunnel vision on Simas though. He's missing court vision as a freshman.

You don't often see players split a stagger screen, and it caught Day Day's defender completely out to dry. I wonder if we'll see that play again.
                                I understand what you are saying but, to me, it does not look like it was a set play to Day Day, in my opinion.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X