Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post
    That 2nd half was the most fun I've had watching UC basketball all season
    Dan and T-Nel were loving this game. If this team could click like this on every night, they would be hard to beat. ISU has a minute and half to overcome a 7-point deficit against K-State. If K-State wins, we will be playing on the first day against WVU.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Something I noticed when the camera panned to Kenyon on the way out to commercial is that his son Kamron is with him. Not sure if that’s a casual thing or if he’s on a unofficial visit

Wishful thinking to think we could get Kenyon as an assistant with the recruiting of his kid.

Comment

Why play Sage now? Does that ruin his redshirt?
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

In Red with Country Roads playing . 🤣
          Then WVU fans got Rickrolled
          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 03-09-2024, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Locked in at the 11 seed on Tuesday. K-State tried really hard to screw up against the press but made shots down the stretch
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
              Why play Sage now? Does that ruin his redshirt?
              He used his one redshirt last year. I don't think he's been (seriously) hurt this year. He just hasn't been good enough to see the court.

Comment

A very great feel good day for the entire program. I love when Mark Adams does our games. He gives UC a lot of love. They earned it today.

Comment

What an unexpected, lopsided win for UC. Shot an insane 59% from the field. Outrebounded WVU by a significant margin. 23 assists on 36 FGs. Shot more FTs than WVU and shot respectably. Overall a good performance. Good thing I am not a betting man.

Comment

From gobearcats.com:
                    Bearcats Rout West Virginia, 92-56, Meet Again Tuesday in Kansas City - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                    We have less travel than WVU and more players. Here is hoping all goes well on Tuesday. We need a few wins in this tournament to have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

He used his one redshirt last year. I don't think he's been (seriously) hurt this year. He just hasn't been good enough to see the court.
                      I thought it was announced he was redshirting this season and the foot injury resulted in a medical redshirt last season.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        From gobearcats.com:
                        Bearcats Rout West Virginia, 92-56, Meet Again Tuesday in Kansas City - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                        We have less travel than WVU and more players. Here is hoping all goes well on Tuesday. We need a few wins in this tournament to have a chance.
                        You misspelled 5 wins. I doubt UC gets an automatic bid just by getting to the championship game Saturday

Comment

Something I noticed when the camera panned to Kenyon on the way out to commercial is that his son Kamron is with him. Not sure if that’s a casual thing or if he’s on a unofficial visit
                          They said on pregame radio that UC may offer him a walkon spot. Dad would like it, but it is far from home in CA.

Comment

Good watch here, especially when Wes talks about Ody (and John) and when Dan is asked about his own Senior Day in a couple years https://youtu.be/33BMRNKG4jg?si=g3UqCZK22-F6thHi

Comment

Everything was working in this game. We scored 1.40 points per possession, our second highest output of the entire season (just behind FGCU). We converted an insane 21 of 24 at the rim including 9 dunks. Even the midrange was kind for us, as we made 7 of 10. We only had 11 offensive boards, but since we didn't miss much we still pulled down over 45% of available offensive rebounds. We had 23 assists to only 9 turnovers.

The defense was also great, as we allowed just 0.85 points per possession, our second best performance in conference (after BYU). WVU converted just 6 of 16 at the rim and 7 of 19 from midrange.

Lots of great performances today, but Day Day takes player of the game with 5.1 net points and a 12.1 box plus minus (11.1 of that on the defensive end). He had 7 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 5 steals, and no turnovers. Day Day completely shut down Kriisa who had a game worst negative 8.7 net points with only 6 points, zero assists, and 3 turnovers.

Newman was our best offensive player, posting 14 points on a perfect 7 for 7 inside the arc while adding 6 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals in a memorable senior day performance.

I have to note that the best player statistically while on the court was Landen Long, who nailed a three in one minute of action. Chris Kirkwood was just behind with a pair of three throws. Ody got in there with a bucket and a board too. What a way to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                Good watch here, especially when Wes talks about Ody (and John) and when Dan is asked about his own Senior Day in a couple years https://youtu.be/33BMRNKG4jg?si=g3UqCZK22-F6thHi
                                Both Coach Wes and Dan were trying to tell you something without spelling it out.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X