Outgoing Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I know a couple of months ago he said he plans to return. I just hope our medical staff can get him healthy. A healthy CJ would be huge.
    I don't intend to be snarky either but it seems to me that Fredrick's has just been snakebit with a unmendable hammie. He's been dealing with this going on three years and it just doesn't seem to want to heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I don't intend to be snarky either but it seems to me that Fredrick's has just been snakebit with a unmendable hammie. He's been dealing with this going on three years and it just doesn't seem to want to heal.
      Per Chad Brendel, the hammy he hurt this season is a new injury. His prior problem was with the other leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per Chad Brendel, the hammy he hurt this season is a new injury. His prior problem was with the other leg.
        Seems like a stretch (no pun intended) for him to come back healthy enough to be much of a contributor.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

That to me sounds even more ominous. His bball resume suggests he is more of a pick and roll / midrange to trey shooter as opposed to a wing / slasher / driving to the rim type where he would be doing more cutting stopping twisting and so putting more strain on the ham string. In other words if he hurt a different ham string other than the one that was previously hurt in just the limited time he's been at UC then as much as would like to see him get back into his prime, it just seems like a huge gamble. I hope for his sake that he can be productive this next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

That to me sounds even more ominous. His bball resume suggests he is more of a pick and roll / midrange to trey shooter as opposed to a wing / slasher / driving to the rim type where he would be doing more cutting stopping twisting and so putting more strain on the ham string. In other words if he hurt a different ham string other than the one that was previously hurt in just the limited time he's been at UC then as much as would like to see him get back into his prime, it just seems like a huge gamble. I hope for his sake that he can be productive this next season.
            Hard to get rid of a local with a lot of noted relations. Hopefully he becomes the player he was in high school. Hard to get spring for the jump shot with bad legs. We saw that with CJ's missing shots while he was in last year. Any change in the fluid motion of a jumper usually does not end well. I like CJ a lot and I wonder what he can mean to the team.

Comment

• For what it’s worth, despite entering the portal, Vik was in attendance at the Kelce event last night hanging with Skillings, Simas, Reed and others. Dancing and having fun. Nice to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveedwards View Post
                For what it’s worth, despite entering the portal, Vik was in attendance at the Kelce event last night hanging with Skillings, Simas, Reed and others. Dancing and having fun. Nice to see.
                Cool to hear -- still a student at UC, no reason not to think he'd stay close with the guys. Ultimately, he's leaving for a better opportunity for him. No bad blood.

Mamoudou Diarra loves UC despite transferring out his last year. DeShaun Morman was on the UC TBT team last summer despite leaving after his sophomore year (if nothing else, was still friends with old teammates). Jeremiah Davenport had nothing but good things to say about UC/Wes last year... and I expect Lakhin to remain a Bearcat through it all.

Comment

• Viktor Lakhin 247 crystal ball to Clemson. Good for him if that’s where he lands.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Cool to hear -- still a student at UC, no reason not to think he'd stay close with the guys. Ultimately, he's leaving for a better opportunity for him. No bad blood.

Mamoudou Diarra loves UC despite transferring out his last year. DeShaun Morman was on the UC TBT team last summer despite leaving after his sophomore year (if nothing else, was still friends with old teammates). Jeremiah Davenport had nothing but good things to say about UC/Wes last year... and I expect Lakhin to remain a Bearcat through it all.
                    they all now know that it is a business and so a comradery among the independent agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Sage Tolentino is now in the portal.
                      Wow. What is going on with the UC big men? Since Miller has been the coach, he has brought in eight (8) center / forward types. Only one has been halfway productive; Aziz (rebounding and shot-blocking). Now three of the four big men that are still eligible are jumping ship. Can the big men thrive in Miller's system? This post is not meant to be critical of Miller, but the facts are what they are. Can the big men be productive in Miller's system? Lakhin (not a Miller recruit) had some very good games and Reynolds had a decent moment or two. However, overall, UC have not gotten much out of the pure forwards / centers since Miller has been the coach. Is there a reason why? Maybe McKinley will change all of that. Hopefully. If not, UC may have problems attracting quality big men in the future.
                      Last edited by leeraymond; 04-14-2024, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Viktor Lakhin has committed to Clemson
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Is Sage the first of Wes' high school recruits to transfer in his three recruiting classes? Also, is Arrinten the first guy who considered UC as a Wes recruit to transfer in?
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                            Is Sage the first of Wes' high school recruits to transfer in his three recruiting classes? Also, is Arrinten the first guy who considered UC as a Wes recruit to transfer in?
                            I think that depends if you want to include the guys that came over from UNCG when he was hired. Hensley and McGinnis were HS recruits of his technically. Other than that I think you're correct.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Sage Tolentino is now in the portal.
                              Tolentino is headed to UNC Asheville

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Tolentino is headed to UNC Asheville
                                A Wes connection and reco?
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X