Way Too Early '24-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Too Early '24-25

I meantioned in another thread that these are kind of futile in the age of NIL becuase no one even knows who's going to be on any of the teams but for entertainment purposes here's the whole thing courtesy of Fieldof68. Hopefully this will come out readable. UC does pop up in a couple of these toward the bottom.

CsnsensusWTE.jpg
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I used to love the WTE Top 25s. Now they are crazy.

But worth nothing from the above that the Big 12 looks like it could be loaded next year. Of course, what if Scott Drew leaves Baylor for UK (I'd expect Baylor to take a major step back)? What do you do with newcomer Arizona who has some key players in the portal? Kansas, Houston, Iowa State all project to be good.

Comment

Start low, win often and climb the rankings. I believe UC will be in several close conference games next year, and learning how to win those games will be the difference. I am hopeful we will do better in the closing minutes of close games.

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Keep in mind here that you've got Arkansas in some of these lists with zero returning scholarships players. Pretty much invalidates everything on else on that outlet's list
        Last edited by Lobot; 04-10-2024, 05:09 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Keep in mind here that you've got Arkansas in some of these lists with zero returning scholarships players. Pretty much invaildates everything on else on that outlet's list
          Not sure you can put stock in the one list that has Xavier at #25 either. Most of the team is in the portal. Even if they bring back Desmond Claude (not a 100% sure thing) and Jerome Hunter and Zach Freemantle were to return for their respective 9th years, Sean is still going to have to load up in the portal. Will he get some guys? Yes. Is he a good coach? Yes. Did a complete roster overhaul work for them last year? Nope. Of course, John Fanta -- lover of all things Big East -- put that list together, so comes with the territory (as does my bias towards XU).

Comment

They're looking for engagement with some hot takes. And it works.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
              They're looking for engagement with some hot takes. And it works.
              Gotta fill content on pay4play newsletters somehow.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

FYI....

Early top 25 rankings for the 2024-25 CBB season https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/2889786

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                  FYI....

Early top 25 rankings for the 2024-25 CBB season https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/2889786
                  From the articale:
                  "After finishing the year strong, the point guard duo of Day Day Thomas and Jizzle James, alongside scoring wing Dan Skillings Jr. and top-tier shot blocker Aziz Bandaogo, is a fantastic start for Cincinnati's roster next season. With some shooters and a jump from the younger players on the team, the Bearcats are in business in their second Big 12 season."

THEY TOTALLY OVERLOOKED SIMAS!!
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Don't worry if they overlooked Simas. They also overlooked that BYU does not have a coach.

Comment

UC a #6 seed in Lunardi's first 2025 bracket. https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ld-predictions

Relax, I know what everyone is thinking ... but I am pointing out because it's nice to see UC being taken seriously this offseason. People outside the 275 loop understand the Bearcats could be legit.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        UC a #6 seed in Lunardi's first 2025 bracket. https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ld-predictions

Relax, I know what everyone is thinking ... but I am pointing out because it's nice to see UC being taken seriously this offseason. People outside the 275 loop understand the Bearcats could be legit.
                        it's good to be considered "in" the tournament at any point pre or early season. There is more room for error during the season because you'll drop down not further out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Keep in mind here that you've got Arkansas in some of these lists with zero returning scholarships players. Pretty much invalidates everything on else on that outlet's list
                          And now duke.

Comment

CBS put out a list earlier today (25+1) that did not include UC but had the Big 12 well represented atop the rankings.

Purdue was included on the basis of 6 of the top 8 scorers returning (no Edey, no Jones) but failed to account for Mason Gillis also leaving. Hard to put any stock in anything -- except when UC gets good pub

Comment

Torvik projections
                              https://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X