The hot outside shooting continues, and we needed it. We made 50% from deep, leading to 1.26 points per possession. We also made 14 of 19 free throws because our backcourt got to the free throw line! And we dominated the glass rebounding 41% of our misses while limiting Utah to 25%.
Jizzle was our best player again tonight with 6.1 net points, scoring 22 from the field on only 15 shots and adding 3 for 3 at the line and 6 assists. He was 5 for 6 from midrange. Let's ride this hot streak as long as we can. Reed was just behind with 5.0 net points, hitting 3 treys with 4 rebounds and a 4.1 defensive BPM. Many of us have been calling for more playing time for Reed going back to last season, so it's good to see him break out. Betsey led in BPM, going 2 for 2 from deep in 13 minutes and also leading in defensive BPM. Mitchell had a good game too thanks to his defense and rebounding.
Simas was once again our worst player with negative 2.4 net points. CJ, Day Day, and Aziz also had poor games, while Skillings had a team worst negative 3.8 defensive BPM. He had 4 offensive rebounds but couldn't finish the putbacks, going just 1 for 6 inside the arc.
I don't know if I've ever seen a college stat line like Gabe's. He played 32 minutes and took 22 threes. Insane. But he also turned it over 3 times, had zero offensive rebounds, and had a negative defensive BPM. All in all I think we did a pretty good job on him. There's only so much you can do to stop step back fadeaway threes.
Utah 2/11 7:00 espn+
Collapse
X
-
I know it's selfishly awful of me to feel this way but seeing Madsen go O fer six on his last shot attempts and even clanking one of the side of the backboard made me giggle. But we eked out a grinder. Enjoy it now, focus on the next one starting tomorrow. Next one's gonna be a tough one.Leave a comment:
-
I love the effort, I hope they keep it up for the rest of the season.Leave a comment:
-
I missed the game but here's the box score:
Leave a comment:
-
First regular season three game winning streak in BigXII play by UC.Last edited by London 'Cat; 02-11-2025, 10:14 PM.Leave a comment:
-
-
Good Win for the Cats! Very happy for Reed sticking around, and now starting to see the rewards of playing hard!Leave a comment:
-
well winning sure is groovy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Leave a comment:
-
-
well this is entertaining -- who are those guys -- they look like BearcatsLeave a comment:
-
I was just thinking the same! We lose, we are finished! We have to find a way to win this game!Leave a comment:
-
3:52 left. This is the season. Lose this and zero chance at the tournament.Leave a comment:
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: