• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis to the Big East?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/02/re.../?sct=cb_t2_a6
    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
    CoB '90 MBA '04

I've seen multiple tweets suggesting that Memphis might be joining. Personally I think it's a terrible idea. Memphis has nothing to add to football and is fading fast in basketball.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is it logical to assume the Memphis-based Liberty Bowl would be an automatic tie-in should the Tigers join the Big East?
      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
        Is it logical to assume the Memphis-based Liberty Bowl would be an automatic tie-in should the Tigers join the Big East?
        Logical but not safe. They have contractual obligations to fulfill also.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I've seen multiple tweets suggesting that Memphis might be joining. Personally I think it's a terrible idea. Memphis has nothing to add to football and is fading fast in basketball.
          joining the big east would stop that fade in basketball in my opinion..NBA facilities coupled with getting to play in the Big East would make them a very attractive school to recruit to

Comment

Originally posted by catscratchfever View Post
            joining the big east would stop that fade in basketball in my opinion..NBA facilities coupled with getting to play in the Big East would make them a very attractive school to recruit to
            I think it would help them turn that football program around as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1977 BearCat View Post
              I think it would help them turn that football program around as well.
              Lot of FedEx money will be thrown at the FB program should they get into an AQ conference.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Memphis to the BE would be a great move for the school, the city, and the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  They would add a trip to Memphis every other year. After the Liberty Bowl Game I would be on board for that. Blues, beer, ribs and football (not necessarily in that order) sounds great!

Comment

I like it. Memphis will only get better like we did playing in the Big East.
                    JDBearcat
                    RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                      They would add a trip to Memphis every other year. After the Liberty Bowl Game I would be on board for that. Blues, beer, ribs and football (not necessarily in that order) sounds great!
                      It might turn out to be every fourth year for football, given that the BE gets to 12 teams and two divisions. There's no guarantee that UC & Memphis would be in the same division. That would mean they'd play at home one year, then on the road two years after that.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                        Lot of FedEx money will be thrown at the FB program should they get into an AQ conference.
                        They should have thrown that money at the football program over the last five years.
                        Our goal is for someone to be asked, what's the best program in the nation? And the answer be: Cincinnati.-Mick Cronin

Comment

Reports are getting stronger: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...east-expansion

Comment

Press conference tomorrow at noon. Will be joining in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...2013-14-season

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                              Press conference tomorrow at noon. Will be joining in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...2013-14-season
                              Means that Louisville is OUT

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X