No announcement yet.

Memphis to the Big East?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed by player John Lloyd. Memphis not Louisville. Go eat an egg Rick Pitino ,You just lost the New York pipeline. That being said , I don't think Pitino has any intention of following UL into the BIG12. He lobbied big for Memphis and Temple so he could stay in the BIg East.
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
      Means that Louisville is OUT
      why?
      10 characters

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
        Means that Louisville is OUT
        actually, completely the opposite. pitino and louisville wanted them in to push bball just as he has lbyed for temple. i do not expect louisville to be as trigger happy as wv was in joining big 12. i suspect wv and tcu may regret not staying put before it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          actually, completely the opposite. pitino and louisville wanted them in to push bball just as he has lbyed for temple. i do not expect louisville to be as trigger happy as wv was in joining big 12. i suspect wv and tcu may regret not staying put before it's all over.
          At this point, Temple would be a good add in all sports and add Army in FB only to get to 14 FB/18 BB. I think WVU will regret their decision will all of the travel involved (teams and fans) and the possibility of a new TV contract for the BE with NBC Sports Network which could be very lucrative.
          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

It appears likely that Temple is out, considering this from ESPN. Please note C-USA Commish Britton Banowski's quote:

Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky confirmed Memphis' expected departure on Wednesday in a statement. He also said that he's not expecting to lose any more schools to the Big East.

"Based upon my conversations with commissioner Marinatto, the Big East has now completed its future membership plan," Banowsky said. "If this is true, it is very helpful as we can now move forward with our plans in a more stable national environment. We hope that the other conferences appreciate the value of stability in intercollegiate athletics and higher education."

Comment

I'm not sure why Memphis could not benefit from the BE (as long as we maintain AQ...assuming there is a NCAA and AQ and BCS, etc. etc.) just like UC benefitted. Memphis should be an attractive place to go to school (although I did not see much of the campus when I was there). They could become a solid football program and have some legacy in basketball. Just need to find the next Calipari.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
                I'm not sure why Memphis could not benefit from the BE (as long as we maintain AQ...assuming there is a NCAA and AQ and BCS, etc. etc.) just like UC benefitted. Memphis should be an attractive place to go to school (although I did not see much of the campus when I was there). They could become a solid football program and have some legacy in basketball. Just need to find the next Calipari.
                Because the Big East Memphis is joining is a joke compared to the Big East we joined.

I think Pres Williams is content being a big fish in a little pond.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X